New Garrett pinpointer

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I took a long lunch yesterday & did a quick hunt with my buddy Idaho Hunter (Kent) & he has a new Garrett pinpointer. Ive been using the Technetics pointer for years, get em for half what the Garretts cost. He let me use it on a coin I was chasing & OMG I love this thing!!! I have a problem hearing mine when it goes off & I could hear his when I was 50 feet away! Thinking Im gonna be needing one of those real soon! :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
I use the technetics or the bounty hunter I think they are both the same thing. I took mine apart & drilled a few holes by the speaker, now I can hear it.

I was thinking about the Garrett but it does not look like the point is rounded like the bounty, I use mine as a probe in the soft ground. They wear out but a little body shop plastic filler takes care of that.

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
bula said:
I use the technetics or the bounty hunter I think they are both the same thing. I took mine apart & drilled a few holes by the speaker, now I can hear it.

I was thinking about the Garrett but it does not look like the point is rounded like the bounty, I use mine as a probe in the soft ground. They wear out but a little body shop plastic filler takes care of that.

Good Idea, think I'll drill mine out too. The tip on my buddy's Bullseye2 was worn down, you could see copper wires, he melted a frisbee in a tin can on his camp stove & dipped the probe tip in it. Sanded it down to a sharp point, turned out great. Hunted a couple hours with it last night & it worked very well! If you have a chance check out the new Garrett Bula, dont think you need to poke & prod much with it, has a lot of depth.

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Go on the Garrett web site, they have a contest and give away a Pro-Pointer once a month.
I entered and won the November 2009 pro-pointer, even if you don't win they send you something.

Good Luck
Joe

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Mighty AP said:
Im not lucky at winning contests.........just ordered myself a pro pointer! :icon_thumleft:

I hear you, I think that was the first thing I ever won myself.
I love my Pro-Pointer I won't go detecting without it. I have two now
the one I bought last year and the one I won. After I bought my
Pro-Pointer all my friends said they wouldn't spend that kind of money
on a pin-pointer but they always wanted to borrow it now they all
bought one.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread