Pinpointer

pezking200

Mar 17, 2010
Tulsa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
A handheld one would be your best bet, so you can move from place to place faster. If your looking for a good quality and low price, harborferight.com has a great one.

OP
OP
A

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pezking200 said:
A handheld one would be your best bet, so you can move from place to place faster. If your looking for a good quality and low price, harborferight.com has a great one.

Thanks, I'll check it out :)

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For hand held pinpointers there are two manufactures that are considered by most to be the best. Uniprobe has two models, one is the hand held type. The other is a combination of hand held and head phone in one. (detectorpro.com) Another good one is the Garrett Pro Pinpointer. All these pinpointers can detect a coin at 3 inches, an aluminum can at 6 inches. All these are a little expensive, running about $120.00 to $180.00. But they are light years ahead of the basic pinpointers.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By a million miles the Sunray! I don't see how anyone can make a case for a handheld vs it. Do you understand how it works? I would think that alone would be enough to sell you.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pezking200 said:

huh.... how can it be faster than a Sunray which is stuck to the detector? Lost me on that one.

OP
OP
A

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
By a million miles the Sunray! I don't see how anyone can make a case for a handheld vs it. Do you understand how it works? I would think that alone would be enough to sell you.

It runs through the DFX display..correct?
Any idea what they run?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aussie Okie said:
Iron Patch said:

Any idea what they run?

It runs through the entire detector so basically the pinpointer is like a 1" coin and sounds off through your headphones. One big advantage to this is it pinpoints in discrimination. You can check the prices off the Sunray website, and actually deal with Ralph, or any of the authorized dealers under him. If you do buy one it's a good idea to buy an extra upper shaft if it's similar to the explorer where the probe shaft can't be bypassed, so if there's a proble with the proble you're done for the day. There's also a right and left swing, get the correct side.

OP
OP
A

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Aussie Okie said:
Iron Patch said:

Any idea what they run?

It runs through the entire detector so basically the pinpointer is like a 1" coin and sounds off through your headphones. One big advantage to this is it pinpoints in discrimination. You can check the prices off the Sunray website, and actually deal with Ralph, or any of the authorized dealers under him. If you do buy one it's a good idea to buy an extra upper shaft if it's similar to the explorer where the probe shaft can't be bypassed, so if there's a proble with the proble you're done for the day. There's also a right and left swing, get the correct side.

Thanks...can you clarify this bit for me...
If you do buy one it's a good idea to buy an extra upper shaft if it's similar to the explorer where the probe shaft can't be bypassed, so if there's a proble with the proble you're done for the day. There's also a right and left swing, get the correct side.

thanks

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aussie Okie said:
Iron Patch said:
Aussie Okie said:
Iron Patch said:

Any idea what they run?

Thanks...can you clarify this bit for me...
If you do buy one it's a good idea to buy an extra upper shaft if it's similar to the explorer where the probe shaft can't be bypassed, so if there's a proble with the proble you're done for the day. There's also a right and left swing, get the correct side.

thanks

I think you might be ok.... will check and see how it plugs in. Might only be a factor on the explorer because the cable runs through the shaft into the housing.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, you can forget what I said. You can easily bypass and go from the coil into the housing so is not an issue. The probe is a little different depending on the detector.

Attachments

• DX-1_-MAGAZINE_2_PHOTO.jpg
    DX-1_-MAGAZINE_2_PHOTO.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 239
OP
OP
A

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Ok, you can forget what I said. You can easily bypass and go from the coil into the housing so is not an issue. The probe is a little different depending on the detector.

Great, thanks for your help!

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to go with Iron Patch on this one, he talked me into one and I have not regretted it at all. And Would not go back to a handheld one again. :thumbsup: Just my opinion.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
I got to go with Iron Patch on this one, he talked me into one and I have not regretted it at all. And Would not go back to a handheld one again. :thumbsup: Just my opinion.

Maybe I should start selling Sunray stuff again.... maybe Explorers too! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions