OP
OP
Rusted Nail

Rusted Nail

Jan 28, 2010
Nord Dakota Der A
Detector(s) used
Old Relic/Garrett -ADS Master Hunter- Deepseeker/ Whites - Coinmaster
Actually there are two of them now I have been checking out Whites web last couple days in fact the second one is new on site this afternoon. Check em out. The Pro Lists $ 279 The other $ 179.

Apr 19, 2010
I just bought my first detector and it happens to be this one. It does not seem to be real consistant at all. I am using it in a very clay rich ground could that be the reason? I was told this would be a good one to start out with but I am lost. I put my wife's ring on the ground and it would not pick it up so I adjusted the disc setting all the way down and it still didnt pick it up. The only way it would pick it up is in the PP mode. I would then take it out of PP mode and it would act totally different with different beeps and so on. Did I get a defective unit?

OP
OP
Rusted Nail

Rusted Nail

Jan 28, 2010
Nord Dakota Der A
Detector(s) used
Old Relic/Garrett -ADS Master Hunter- Deepseeker/ Whites - Coinmaster
Well I'm starting to like my new Coinmaster. It has been a blast digging up coins, I found an old camp ground that used to have a small store located on it , but was removed. There must have been a pop machine located near by and the land reclaimed. Started out notched out to max because I was pulling tabs in one area. Went through and cleaned out Quarters, did real well. Went back with less disc. And cleaned it up to not a sound, Did my part. This Coinmaster is what it says. Nickels either hit right on or are deeper pull tab , quarters up to 7” are quarters, Dimes are between copper penny to half dollar and all over, you can tell because the thing goes nuts, half the time a dime will not pinpoint at all, but then you know its there, no mistake. Thinking of a smaller coil, but I am managing quite well so far. These were the tallies for several hours cleaning up the park.

53 Quarters Dates 75 -97
49 Dimes Dates 75-98
18 Nickels Dates 70-90

Attachments

• Coins 055.jpg
    Coins 055.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3,501

digdug2023

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
whites coin master pro
got one 3 weeks ago. i like it! a little time to learn it but getting more coins now!! as for when it gets erratic signals try a new battery or a lithium. i actually got a new bad battery. made the system act bouncy. once i changed it. it worked fine!! i will try to stay updated on my finds and techniques. you only need to change the battery nearest coil connector. thats the one running the electronics.

orion024

Jan 4, 2010
shootemdownace said:
I just bought my first detector and it happens to be this one. It does not seem to be real consistant at all. I am using it in a very clay rich ground could that be the reason? I was told this would be a good one to start out with but I am lost. I put my wife's ring on the ground and it would not pick it up so I adjusted the disc setting all the way down and it still didnt pick it up. The only way it would pick it up is in the PP mode. I would then take it out of PP mode and it would act totally different with different beeps and so on. Did I get a defective unit?
\

Was the ring white gold? this could be why!

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys..got the coinmaster pro yesterday. only had a few minutes before dark so i figured i'd give it a quick try..ting it went off in seconds and said it was a zinc penny
it was 7 inches down...wow what a difference a new detector makes. i have been using an old 5000 coinmaster series 3 which only picked up iron. anyone want it?
i'm heading out after my morning coffee..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions