MXT nickle and proper digging techniques.

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
We have lost a lot of parks and school grounds to metal detecting due to careless MDers leaving holes for others to fill up and very often too late. Here is a video I made today for those that do not have access to any type of training video for proper digging. I left out a towel that I often use for the dirt because I did not need it in this wet ground today. I carry a towel with me to put the dirt on after I dig a plug but the consistency today was mud.

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait until Spooky shows up.... He will happily tell you everything you did wrong there.... (According to him)

OP
OP
arizonaames

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
bscofield6 said:
Wait until Spooky shows up.... He will happily tell you everything you did wrong there.... (According to him)

Yes, everyone has their own way of doing things but in clay mud, one does not have many choices. Whether you cut a full circle or a horseshoe, you will end up disturbing most of the plug and if you have multiple targets, you will probably have to eventually dig the whole plug anyway and end up making a bigger mess. I find it easier to dig a full plug the first time then putting the dirt on a towel to funnel in afterward. The plug then fits back into the hole and the hole is left like it was never there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread