Dont we all wish.

mrbelvetron

Jun 15, 2004
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Don't we all wish.

Dog Walker Discovers a Penny Worth Thousands

Fri Sep 10, 8:40 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LONDON (Reuters) - A routine walk with his dog turned into a profitable excursion for one man, who discovered a 1,200-year-old gold penny during the stroll and now expects to sell it for thousands of pounds.

The coin was discovered on a public footpath beside the River Ivel in Bedfordshire, England. It is the first new Anglo-Saxon gold penny to come to light in nearly a century and the only known gold coin with the name of Coenwulf -- a king who ruled over the central English region of Mercia.

London auctioneers Spink estimate the coin will sell for 120,000-150,000 pounds ($214,100-267,700) when it goes under the hammer in October. But Richard Bishop, an auctioneer at Spink, said the coin's excellent condition might help the price rise beyond the top estimate.

"It's obviously going to be far in excess of anything that the average guy would expect to find when he's out walking his dog," said Bishop.

Upvote 0

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: Don't we all wish.

While walking my dog in my neighborhood I have found:

$20 bill, $10 bill, $10 bill, $1 bill, Watch (run over), 14k gold earring (stone lost, run over), silver Harley Davidson ring (run over), silver ring (stone lost, run over), silver ring w/ 3 amethysts (run over), lots of pocket change, and a small black zippo lighter in near perfect condition!

Always keep your eyes peeled!

Oh, yeah, that doesn't include the $20 bill I found on the floor by the ice cream section of a grocery store!

Always keep your eyes peeled (even when you're not walking your dog)!

Maybe someday I'll find something worth $200,000!

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Re: Don't we all wish.

One time when I went MDing, after parking my car, while walking through the parking lot, I looked down and found a $20.00 bill.? One of my best finds day.? Keep your eyes open always; some of the best finds are definitely on the surface.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread