Got a particular find that would make any day out a great detecting day for you?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Charter Member
    us
    Proud member of the Wolfpack!!!

Oct 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    XP ORX XP Deus
    85 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Got a particular find that would make any day out a great detecting day for you?

I was wondering if there may be a favorite find for some of you guys that makes a day out detecting great no matter what else you find while searching. For me it is a Mercury dime. I know it is common but there have been days when I have found civil war relics, rings and other old silver coins but to me if I find a mercury dime it makes the day out even better for some reason. What about some of you guys?

us
    Supreme Chancellor

Oct 2005
    High Five!
    77 times

Re: Got a particular find that would make any day out a great detecting day for you?

A silver quarter, half, or dollar. I only find 10-15 silver quarters a year, so every one is an exciting event. I usually only find them at virgin sites. Most sites I go to have been cherry picked of all big silver and easy to find dimes. So I got lots of silver dimes and wheats, but rarely a quarter.

us
    Aug 2007
    Orangvalle
    explorer se,excal 1000,whites MXT,and a E-trac
    87 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Got a particular find that would make any day out a great detecting day for

I am going to have to say,,,,,, anything other then pull tabs.. I get excited on everyone of my digs as long as it is not a pull tab...

Charter Member
    us

Oct 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    XP ORX XP Deus
    85 times

Re: Got a particular find that would make any day out a great detecting day for

Quote Originally Posted by PENNYHUNTER
    I am going to have to say,,,,,, anything other then pull tabs.. I get excited on everyone of my digs as long as it is not a pull tab...
    I hear you on that too!!!! About the time I think it is something else it will be an old screw cap!!

us
    Jan 2008
    NorthWest Ohio
    Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
    2313 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Got a particular find that would make any day out a great detecting day for you?

I consider it a GOOD hunt if I find an indian or a silver coin. If I just find wheats that is kinda boring to me. A single indian makes my day

us
    Jan 2010
    Nord Dakota Der A
    Old Relic/Garrett -ADS Master Hunter- Deepseeker/ Whites - Coinmaster

I usually try to stick it out until I pull something out of the ground even a penny, But then I'm happy if it's just a bunch of tabs , because I usually have learned something new about my detector that day, has not been a day I did not have fun

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11841 times
    Metal Detecting

Any silver coin makes my day. Heck, any coin of pre-1900 puts me on Cloud-9.

Can't imagine how I'd feel if I ever found a gold coin.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Jan 2007
    Beach Hunter ID 300
    3 times

Hi, Only one word---------- Rings Gold Rings

us
    May 2005
    rome.NY
    White's

I had my best find a few years ago. I found a 1934 silver walking liberty half dollar that wasn't in that great shape. It happened to have been minted in the year I was born. Being silver and my birth year was great. The best thing about it, I found it on my birthday. I don't think I'll ever find anything that will mean more to me.

us
    Dec 2009

I'd love to find a wheat penny... although the only coin i've ever dug was a memmorial penny.
    2010 CRHing:
    Nickels:
    Pre 60 - 15
    War Nickels - 1
    Buffalo - 0
    Pennies:
    Wheaties - 65

us
    Sep 2008
    Tamaqua Pa
    V3i
    56 times

A good day is just having the time to get out, a great day is finding enough clad to pay for gas, an excellent day would be any indian/silver coin.

BIG61AL

you would think living in the Denver area as old as it is I would find silver coins.....but noooooo.
    I've logged hundreds of hours searching parks, schools, open areas and nothing.....I have found only one silver halve [40%] but i think it was a very recent drop and one silver dime - I think it was an unfound coin from a salted MD club hunt.

so maybe a few silver coins would cheer me up a little.

us
    Mar 2003
    NW Montana

Any gold coin obviously but I have never found one.
    I haven't found any Indian heads or any barber stuff in a LONG time.
    Either one of those would make my day.
    I have 3 or 4 V nickels but it has been several years since I found one of them as well.
    Anything old would make my day right now as it's been awhile.
    I did find a really rough buffalo nickel recently but that's about it.

us
    Aug 2009
    The Ozarks, Missouri
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    105 times
    Relic Hunting

To a lot of you, mine will sound strange. I have a really good hunt if I find a shotgun brass (any headstamp). It is a really, really good hunt if it is a headstamp that I don't already have. It is a GREAT hunt if it is a 19th century headstamp and I think I would have a heart attack if I found an E Remington, Robin Hood or Deleware Cartridge Co. headstamp.

Doug

Charter Member
    us

Oct 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    XP ORX XP Deus
    85 times

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefoot13
    To a lot of you, mine will sound strange. I have a really good hunt if I find a shotgun brass (any headstamp). It is a really, really good hunt if it is a headstamp that I don't already have. It is a GREAT hunt if it is a 19th century headstamp and I think I would have a heart attack if I found an E Remington, Robin Hood or Deleware Cartridge Co. headstamp.

Doug
    You need to come look in the woods behind my house because you would be in hog heaven digging up all of those old shot gun brass out there..........And you know the good thing about it is for you? Not an old coin or any other neat relics to get in the way of all that old brass!!! I bet I dug 2 fishing vest pockets full in about 1-1/2 hours one morning and have not been back since!!!! I do not know any of the manufactoring marks but they are crumbly old 12 gauge brass, Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links