Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Digging Tool

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Fisher Edge II

Digging Tool

I lost my digging tool that came with my Fisher Edge II. It worked pretty well but I was wondering before I bought a new one, what is the best one to use overall.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2298 times

Re: Digging Tool

There is a plastic trowl & rake that Home Depto sell for .99 ea. I have used them for years. You can load them up with soil from the target area and hold them up to your coil with no interference! This is a much quicker process than using a metal trowl. I have only broken one in many years of use. These new black tools are very strong, and at only .99 they are worth a try! Oh they also come in two widths! These are for park type use. For extremely rough and deeper digs in the outback I use a shover caller the shark. It is all metal from tip to T handle. The blade is app. 8" wide and app 12" long. it has teeth on one side of the blade to cut roots. It is a real beast!! I picked it up at a garden supply co. years ago. I guess it all depends on where your digging.

Charter Member
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    '72 RS Kit/Musketeer Advantage with 8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se with 11" DD & 6.5" concentric coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe/Black Widows/Rattler/F-Point/Merlin SXL Pinpointers
    980 times
    Metal Detecting

Lesche M-85 is a primo tool. I have a Trans-Mississippi Electronics made digging tool that is marvelous.

Guess it depends on your soil. A plastic digger is worthless hereabouts in the rock and clay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0173s.jpg 
Views:	1092 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	399307  
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Jan 2010
    oregon coast
    tiger shark/ xterra 305
    2 times

After going thru many cheap diggers I was going to buy a lesche and came across this one. It is the upgraded version of the true temper digger that you can get from Lowes. It is fantastic for cuttting plugs with the serrated edge for roots and the knife edge.

I have used it to chip through gravel and can put all my weight on it to pry on the heaviest plug and it has no give to it at all. I would recommend this as a cheaper alternative to the lesche.

Here are some pics.

Name:	31nTVmRFbAL__SS400_.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	399322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!Bok-bugBWk~$(KGrHqIH-DQEudNhio2SBLn-RCk-vg~~_12.jpg 
Views:	630 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	399323  

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    75 times
    History, Metal Detecting, and Survival & Self-Sufficiency

Quote Originally Posted by Monolyth
    After going thru many cheap diggers I was going to buy a lesche and came across this one. It is the upgraded version of the true temper digger that you can get from Lowes. It is fantastic for cuttting plugs with the serrated edge for roots and the knife edge.

I have used it to chip through gravel and can put all my weight on it to pry on the heaviest plug and it has no give to it at all. I would recommend this as a cheaper alternative to the lesche.

Here are some pics.
    Oh heck... how have I not seen this before?!! I use the Ames digger with a Corona sheath (even though I now have a Lesch), which is decent... but that sheath looks like it's made for that thing! And I definitely like black & gray combo of the handle too.
    Where can I find one? And do they run the same price??

Bran <><
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

us
    Endeaver to perservere

Mar 2008
    Aloha, Orygun
    wishing stick
    22 times
    Searching

I like my Leshe not just for digging.
    Can be an effective deterrent to bad guys and loose dogs.
    I did add a strong magnet from a disc drive to the hilt.
    Helps find those rusty staples that sometimes torment me.

Grey
    Nothing stated may be true as far as we know
    Seek professional advice. Some items are limited
    Not available in all states. Illigitimi non carborundum. Carpe oro.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1410 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

That is a sharp looking tool. i saw one sort of like that at www.gardenersEdge.com it had a ornge handle and dule cutting serrations on the blade made of Swedish stainless steel and withstands 300 lbs of pressure . to see it go to the web site above and in the search box type in.. leonard soil knife ..
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where .."

us
    Jan 2010
    oregon coast
    tiger shark/ xterra 305
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by godisnum1

Here are some pics.
    Oh heck... how have I not seen this before?!! I use the Ames digger with a Corona sheath (even though I now have a Lesch), which is decent... but that sheath looks like it's made for that thing! And I definitely like black & gray combo of the handle too.
    Where can I find one? And do they run the same price??

Bran <><
    The sheath came with it, it has a clip that holds the tool in place so it doesnt fall out when moving about. This one was 29$ incl shipping from Amazon with lifetime warranty, only other place I have seen them is on ebay.

For another 15$ or so I could have gotten a lesche but I like to try different things. So far after much use and abuse this has proven to be an able tool. Makes digging so much easier when you have something you can rely on...

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    75 times

The sheath came with it, it has a clip that holds the tool in place so it doesnt fall out when moving about. This one was 29$ incl shipping from Amazon with lifetime warranty, only other place I have seen them is on ebay.

For another 15$ or so I could have gotten a lesche but I like to try different things. So far after much use and abuse this has proven to be an able tool. Makes digging so much easier when you have something you can rely on...
    Sweet, thanks! The clip that holds it in would be REALLY convenient, as mine "sometimes" falls out while I'm moving about.

Bran <><
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

us
    Feb 2010
    I am from Gods Country
    Minelab Sovereign GT Garrett ACE 250 & Pro Pointer

Here are some pics.

I have looked in web sites and all over for this tool no luck could not find it for sale any were.

Name:	!Bok-bugBWk~$(KGrHqIH-DQEudNhio2SBLn-RCk-vg~~_12.jpg 
Views:	507 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	399413  
    STILL LOOKING FOR THAT BIG FIND

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    75 times

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-run

Here are some pics.
    I have looked in web sites and all over for this tool no luck could not find it for sale any were.
    Here's the link...
    http://www.amazon.com/Ames-True-Temp...1518072&sr=1-1

I saved the link because I'll get one of these later... since I just ordered two matching 3-watt K2 Luxeon LED flashlights & a 3-watt K2 Luxeon LED headlamp for the Chisholm Trail Hunt 3 in a few weeks! Along with my plane tickets and hunt fees, I'm done spending for a while.

Bran <><

us
    Feb 2010
    Explorer S

These http://www.lowes.com/pd_248710-48340...63_4294937087_ are cool and local! It would be nice to have a scabbard but...oh well.

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    75 times

Quote Originally Posted by biguglydude
    These http://www.lowes.com/pd_248710-48340...63_4294937087_ are cool and local! It would be nice to have a scabbard but...oh well.
    This is the current sheath that I use for my Ames digger...

Bran <><

Corona Nylon Scabbard with Sharpener Pocker - $9.98
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_84903-63731-...__s?Ntt=corona

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corona.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	400220

us
    Feb 2010
    Explorer S

Well there Ya go...... Much Obliged

us
    Jeremy Willis

Nov 2005
    Pryor, OK
    Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre...

Just got my Lesche digger the end of last week....looking forward to trying it out....tomorrow.........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links