FamilyFun2010

Apr 16, 2010
Morehead, Ky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites TRX pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings all,
As the title suggest, I am just getting started, seriously, in this hobby. I purchased a Bounty hunter many years ago to find my wedding ring that had flown off my hand while closing a vehicle door. By the time I found the ring, I had also found 2 other rings that belonged to my Mother-in-Law that she had lost over the years. I had the bug! It was great fun for me. Well, my kids are fairly grown now and I have been looking for things we can do as a family. We are a very active, outdoors family. I was in my garage one day and happened to look up and saw that old Bounty Hunter sitting in the rafters. I got it down, popped a 9v battery in it and, to my suprise, it came on and worked the same as the day I got it. I am currently deployed along side our great Military but will be home next month. I have purchased a Whites Spectrum XLT (used) and it is sitting at my house waiting patiently for me to get home. My wife will not open it because it is all I have talked about for the last couple of months and she doesn't want to take the excitement away from me. haha SO, my question.. They want to hit the beaches around home and some old home sites. Did I make a wise choice with the Spectrum XLT? As far as I can tell, it is the stock coil. I can not find any documentation that says the coil is waterproof and able to get out into the shallow (1'-2' ft) water. Any info is greatly appreciated and I look forward to any and all replies.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
FamilyFun2010

FamilyFun2010

Apr 16, 2010
Morehead, Ky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received permission to MD an old house today. :) Got a dentist appt in the AM so probably get started Tuesday. The person that owns it told me him and his father was born and raised there. Said it was built in the early 1920's. The only condition is that I have to show him whatever I find. That's fine with me! I will at least get a start. Stay tuned for pics.

RandyNorthridgeCa

Mar 27, 2005
Northridge, Calif.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F-75, SE, explorer 2 on beaches), CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This will get the juices flowing...

Don't let anyone tell you that a park has no more oldies. Friend found this at one of our pounded out parks.

Attachments

• Back of Mikes Morgan dollar.jpg
    Back of Mikes Morgan dollar.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Mikes Morgan dollar.jpg
    Mikes Morgan dollar.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 168
OP
OP
FamilyFun2010

FamilyFun2010

Apr 16, 2010
Morehead, Ky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great find. I am going out in the morning if it isnt raining. Going to get started on the house I mentioned above. Got a new set of headphones for the bounty hunter so the wife can go with me. I get the XLT, :) Hopefully I will have something worthy of posting. Like that great coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread