Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you would be better off running two sets of head phones off your unit and detecting together that way. Four years old I think is still too young.

PS... Page you linked to isn't working.

OP
OP
O

onadraw

Sep 28, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excalibur II, Tesoro Lobo ST, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
I think you would be better off running two sets of head phones off your unit and detecting together that way. Four years old I think is still too young.

thx, link fixed

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
I have a Titan 1000 I could sell for $50 plus shipping. Used once. I paid $85 for it on sale.

OP
OP
O

onadraw

Sep 28, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excalibur II, Tesoro Lobo ST, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnnysan said:
I have a Titan 1000 I could sell for $50 plus shipping. Used once. I paid $85 for it on sale.

That sounds like a good deal. How about $60 shipped. Im in Jax FL zip 32221. I can pay with paypal if you want.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the Bounty Hunter junior for my son when he was 6. It's not a bad detector for the money ($49) and I'm sure it will blow away the detector in the link above. It's small so a 4 year old could definitely handle it. But older kids probably won't like it due to the way the handle works. It gets about 5" depth on a quarter which is way more than most kid/toy detectors. It also has discrimination which a lot of kid detectors do not have. However, you can't really fine tune the discrimination like a lot of adult detectors. For example, you can knock out pull tabs and iron but you can't knock out zinc pennies. There is also no headphone jack. The audio's amplitude can give you some basic depth information though. The louder the audio the larger the signal being received. Most toy detectors I've tried just give one solid beep all the time and have no discrimination.

Overall it's a good kids detector that they will grow out of fairly quickly. I normally wouldn't recommend it for older kids because for a little over $100 there are beter options available. But for a 4 year old it might be just the ticket. If he doesn't like it you didn't spend much money on it and the size/weight are perfect for someone his age.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:

Hey, That's a great Idea Fred!
You just gave me an Idea for this summer when the kids are fighting over our limited detectors.

Hmmm

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
Iron Patch said:

Hey, That's a great Idea Fred!
You just gave me an Idea for this summer when the kids are fighting over our limited detectors.

Hmmm

It's a good way to teach what a good sound is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread