I caught hell today and I dont know why!

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
I caught hell today and I don't know why!

I was detecting in a local park today when some one driving buy started to verbally abuse me.
I don't know who he was or his reasons for acting that way but it shocked the hell out of me.
At first I thought he was a park and rec person but I cant believe a town employee would risk
stopping his truck and calling out such nasty language from the middle of a public road.
He called me every filthy name in the book while also telling me I better put the grass back.
I never leave any holes unfilled and you can rarely tell I've ever been there. I've never detected
on any of the athletic fields, only the public areas and have never seen any messy holes left by
other people detecting. This guy embarrassed me so much I don't know if I can ever go detecting
there again. I know there are people who make a mess of lawns detecting but I have never seen
it in this park, I wish he would have just come up to me to see what I was doing and I could have
shown him how respectful I am of the places I detect in. Thanks for letting me rant and rave about
this.

Joe

Upvote 0

DavyJonesLocker

Apr 26, 2010
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Re: I caught hell today and I don't know why!

There's a law called menacing,it applied in this case, it dosen't have to be a physical confrontation in this case it was a verbal threat.

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Good grief all we want is for us fellow treasure hunters to left in peace.
a goos idea is to have a metal detecting buddy.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT

I have a buddy but the busy bodies in town have to keep calling the cops. It is now to the point that cops know that I have permission and call in to the station that is us and they leave us alone now.

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Treasure hunt in peace my friend .
the only thing I came across is a mexican in the local park who ticked off at me because I know how to treasure .

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II

LuckyDragon said:
Treasure hunt in peace my friend .
the only thing I came across is a mexican in the local park who ticked off at me because I know how to treasure .

what?

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Treasure hunt you metal detecting,
the guy was very ticked off at me because I knew more than he did.
he threaten me . that he beat me up if he sees me again.

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II

How do you know that you knew more than he did? Was there conversation or you just assume that he was dumb? :icon_scratch:

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

for staters he had a toy metal detector, and he saw me getting good targets and he was getting
bottle caps and pulltabs, he was jeaous of my metal detector , his metal detector was a all metal
his don't have discrimating mode.
I was just going about my own business.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I got the same thing once here in town all the parks are manicured with very old gazebo's and huge trees iam very neat also but the park guy showed up and went nuts on me while i was on my knees diggin i just stood up next to him all 280lbs 6-4 tall and he said ok and walked away :laughing7: i left just a few old pennys and clad, the woods and fields are more productive anyway the park was just a block away from my home .Keep digging Dd60

M

miser

MTS is spot on correct. This sort of behavior only gets perpetuated when good people do nothing about it. I don't blame you for feeling shaken. That sort of thing is unnerving and you were right not to confront the guy. It sounds like he had some serious emotional issues that had nothing to do with you.

infoverload

Greenie
May 11, 2010

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I try to avoid high traffic times in the local parks just because I hate the attention. Like the others said, you weren't doing anything wrong. Stick to your guns.. err.. stick to your detector and digger!

On a side note, I'm in the area somewhat. PM me if you are ever interested in a detecting partner.

chkn

Apr 12, 2010

He talked to you like you were some dirty bum. I'm sure he was just looking for someone to profane. Listen, you should just go back there every day for awhile just to spite him.

eboy1960

Mar 2, 2009
indianapolis indiana
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro/teknetics 6000

hello.i had people do me that way,i had a older women watching me from her car i was in a soccer field ,she wouldnt go away then she park behind me an was taking my pics,she stay there until i left,i didnt like that so much,but ill still go there,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread