Hi all, long time.

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Hi folks, I haven't posted here in a long time and got a message stating so. Been real busy with other tasks. I think it would be a good change of pace for me to enjoy another forum.
I got lucky this spring and found 3 awesome items that I'll post later. I had some reservations about authentisity but that has been resolved.
Hope to enjoy chatting with all of you.
NH Bob

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NH Bob

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
So where does one post a find he made a short while ago?
The rules starte not in the Todays Finds forum, so where?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Some post them right were you are now in this fourm.Then some post them in the fourm of the type of detector they use. I see you use Minelab so you could post them in the minelab fourm.....

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 148
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 141
OP
OP
NH Bob

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Well seeing as I'm here and I have a short story to go with these 3 items. I might as well see if I can get in trouble right off.
The story starts last spring. I got permission to hunt this 1700s house that's now being used for a private school. It was hit and miss all summer there because it had been hunted by a couple detecting Clubs. It consists of 5 fields and the property around the buildings. Finds from last year were mostly coppers and some silver and a few relics such as buttons and watches, on that idea. Of course there were some pieces of jewelry, some new some old.
I've taken several people there to hunt and they have all found some fare to very nice items. A couple weeks ago after my Spring Hunt a nice 8 Reales was found not far from the house in the first field. An awesome find that was.
Shortly after that I was hunting there with 2 other friends and one of them found a NH Militia Cap Plate. About an hour later near a stone wall I found the three items below:
The second NH Militia Cap Plate,a Medallion? translated to the Arrival of the King in Paris and finally the GAR Buckle. I truly believe these items were in storage for many years before hey were throw out with some other trash.
I conceder myself very lucky to stumble upon these items and the condition they are in.
A note here for those skeptics. All three items were under 3 or more inches of decade leaves and under roots to a depth of at least 8 inches. The soil was loamy and compact on a side hill.
They were brushed with a light coat of olive oil just before the picture was taken.
Please enjoy, I am.

Attachments

• BEST FINDS 2010 003.JPG
    BEST FINDS 2010 003.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 132
  • BEST FINDS 2010 002.JPG
    BEST FINDS 2010 002.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 141
  • BEST FINDS 2010 001.JPG
    BEST FINDS 2010 001.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 137

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Boy that was some nice finds they look in very good shape also if you find any thing else out there give us another show.... HH

OP
OP
NH Bob

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Hey,
I got a notice for not posting here in a while. So here I am :hello:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From one New Englander to another. Great Finds Bob! :icon_thumright: Welcome back. :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread