What do you use to sift?

Bikerboyzx6r

May 3, 2010
Liverpool, England.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hi Guys
Is it called pin pointing?
When I was digging out the big clump of soil, I had to sift, check, sift, check etc etc until I found the tiny little coin! Then I found this kids detector for £5 ($7) in a Home Bargain store. I use it to sift through the soil and bingo everytime, first time.

Are there special bits of kit? This little one runs on 9v battery & tested to about 4" down ;)

Cheers
Dan

Attachments

• 10040.jpg
    10040.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of us place the dirt on a cloth so the coin can be seen easier or we use inline Probes which work off the detectors settings.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a very useful tool, should come in handy while speeding up recovery. Looks like a very good price as well. Garrett sells a probe that will do the same job, but its quite a bit more money, parice is about $120.00. The Garrett and the Uniprobe will get about 3 inches depth on a coin. Not sure what kind of depth you get with your model?

P.S. I had a great time in England a few years ago detecting the farm fields around Cromer in East Anglia right on the North Sea. Found some hammered silvers (Edward I, Edward III, Henry VIII) ;D
Love that country, I would love to go back! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread