Ok, so your detector has been in the repair shop for over a year now UPDATE

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: Ok, so your detector has been in the repair shop for over a year now...

jeff of pa said:
Lifetime Warranty Right ?

Exactly ... sometime in your lifetime ... or was it their lifetime ... read the fine print!

DeTex detectors carried a lifetime warranty also ... but how good is that warranty now?

Seriously ... everyone knows Tesoro service dept is one of the best ... bar none!

I hear Tesoro has that connector making machine up and running and they are in the fine tune process now. Wonder if they will be selling them to install on other detectors that dont have them?

I would have told Tesoro to remove the connector, hard wire the coil to the box and I would sent it back at a later date when they get their connector parts issue resolved.
In fact that seems the logical thing for them to do rather than miss out on a years worth of sales. Waterproof cable seals seem to be available so why dont they use them and replace them later (if the customer wants them replaced) when they get the right parts.
Not everyone swaps coils.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wait a sec....

Is this a repair or modification we are talking about? That would make a HUGE difference! In other words could this detector still have been used while waiting, or taken care of like the post above to buy time?

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
Wait a sec....

Is this a repair or modification we are talking about? That would make a HUGE difference! In other words could this detector still have been used while waiting, or taken care of like the post above to buy time?

yes this machine as well as others could have been hard wired until the connector issue was resolved an the detectors could be used until that time .

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tank69 said:
Iron Patch said:
Wait a sec....

yes this machine as well as others could have been hard wired until the connector issue was resolved an the detectors could be used until that time .

So the detector in question was only sent in for a mod to have the ability to change coils? So it could have been kept and used with the coil it was purchased with? That could be a game changer on this one!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
Tank69 said:
Iron Patch said:
Wait a sec....

So the detector in question was only sent in for a mod to have the ability to change coils? So it could have been kept and used with the coil it was purchased with? That could be a game changer on this one!

I don't think it was sent in for a mod. On Tesoro's water machines they have the ability to change coils on the fly, it was my understanding it was the connector that was bad on the coil, it would need to be hardwired in to the coil to work....

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

no not to have a mod done TH was right it was the factory connector , everything is stock on willie's machine is what he told me .

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tank69 said:
no not to have a mod done TH was right it was the factory connector , everything is stock on willie's machine is what he told me .
My Tiger Shark is stock and there were no modifications.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

I don't even know how mod's got in this he sent the detector in for repair and it has been gone for over a year. He never said a word about mod's................. I really think that Tesoro has some type of responsibility to him more than just the repair . And Tesoro and the dealers keep saying next month ya we are on it like i said before ..BS..BS..BS.. to them let Tesoro and the dealers come out stright to him and not all these lies & BS..............

Attachments

• 42171.jpg
    42171.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 945
  • 42171.jpg
    42171.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 944

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

A year is a loooonnnnnggg time to wait for a repair. Good thing it was not your car. LOL

I would have expected some type of exchange, an new machine for the old one or at least some kind refund offer.

My two cents.

Ray S ECenFL

B

BIG61AL

Wow ...a year and still no detector..stunningly poor service received.

This is what the company should do.

A] A hand written letter from the president of the company with an apology.
B] When this is returned there should be a goodie bag with ALL of their accessories and anything else they sell. Hats, shirts, diggers, books etc etc. {if there are not any accessories to offer, a $100 gift card to a home depot, red lobster or other national chain}.
C] Overnight shipping when repaired.
Anything less than that is an embarrassment for the company and will be widely spread over the internet on what horrible service they offer to their customers.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BIG61AL said:
Wow ...a year and still no detector..stunningly poor service received.

This is what the company should do.

B] When this is returned there should be a goodie bag with ALL of their accessories and anything else they sell. Hats, shirts, diggers, books etc etc. {if there are not any accessories to offer, a $100 gift card to a home depot, red lobster or other national chain}.
Anything less than that is an embarrassment for the company and will be widely spread over the internet on what horrible service they offer to their customers.

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005

I wonder where White's, Minelab, Garrett, and Fisher buy connectors for their water machines?

LittleJohn

Apr 7, 2010
South Central, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Etrac,Fisher F75,Tesoro Golden UMax, Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Anything less than that is an embarrassment for the company and will be widely spread over the internet on what horrible service they offer to their customers

Seriously?

I believe it is Tesoro's intent to make things right, but to demand things just because you have been "inconvenienced" for however long...is ridiculous in my opinion.

If you dont care to wait for however long it may be....there are plenty of other water detectors out there on the market....but the simple fact that this gentleman has waited over a year, and hasn't really stirred the waters(pun intended) tells me he really likes this particular machine.

The reason why Tesoro's water machines are having problems, was beyond their control....there is no magic answer to the question...they have to get the parts which will meet their criteria, and I agree with that, if it takes a year or three years, I want it right on my machine...and I feel they are taking every precaution to make that happen.

I sure hope so, because I have a Sand Shark on order.

LittleJohn

B

BIG61AL

Lets pretend I am the manufacturer of your SandShark. When you get your unit I want you to leave it the box because it was shipped with a part missing. Then sometime around August 2011 I may or may not mail that part for you. Wouldn't you feel like you could make some demands at that point?
Someone dropped the ball on this service issue but it certainly wasn't the owner who has every right to demand that this lack of service be compensated.

LittleJohn

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BIG61AL said:
Lets pretend I am the manufacturer of your SandShark. When you get your unit I want you to leave it the box because it was shipped with a part missing. Then sometime around August 2011 I may or may not mail that part for you. Wouldn't you feel like you could make some demands at that point?
Someone dropped the ball on this service issue but it certainly wasn't the owner who has every right to demand that this lack of service be compensated.

You dont have the "right" to demand anything from Tesoro. Your scenario above is not the situation at hand, nor is the question at hand a hypothesis.

We know the facts about why they are backlogged on their water machines. We have been told why, and we have been told what they are doing in order to get the problem fixed.

Again, if people are not happy with the fact that this situation has come up, and was beyond any control of theirs, then you have the "right", to take your business elsewhere with another company that offers a lifetime warranty on their product....oh wait...that's right, the "other" companies dont offer a lifetime warranty, silly me.

Or just go with another company altogether, and forget about the Tesoro's, but seriously Tesoro owes neither you nor anyone else, anything other than the very best they can provide, and that is what they are trying to do right now.

I am not a fan of the "kick em when they are down" mentality which seems to run rampant in this world of political correctness that we live in today, and this topic, is full of that kind of rhetoric. :protest:

LittleJohn

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A lifetime warranty loses a lot of the "sparkle" when it takes a lifetime to get it repaired. A year of down time is a lifetime...... He is owed something in my personal opinion.......

If you take your car to the dealership for arepair, and don't get your car back for a year are you owed anything?

LittleJohn

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Again, we are not talking about cars....apples and oranges here.

I believe Tesoro will go out of their way to right the wrongs, and fix the bruised reputation of their water machine problem that they had. I dont think they owe him the red carpet and to pander up to him or anyone else due to circumstances beyond their control and send him a pile of free things or a new detector and a "letter of apology" ....seriously.

For the $5-600 he spent, they dont "owe" him the world. A year is not a lifetime, he has several other detectors, and maybe he cant use his favorite one....and I am sorry about that, and I am sure Tesoro is sorry about it as well....but that doesn't mean they "OWE" him any of the numerous things mentioned.

Not trying to stir the pot here folks, but listen to yourselves....wolves at the door...put yourself in Tesoro's shoes for just a minute. What if you were in their situation? A homegrown business doing their best to make it in this industry, and you have a hiccup come along that you have no control over....would you appreciate an angry mob at your door throwing out demands? It all seems a little bit selfish from my perspective.

That's just my opinion....I'll let this one rest now. :thumbsup:

LittleJohn

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LittleJohn said:
Again, we are not talking about cars....apples and oranges here.

I believe Tesoro will go out of their way to right the wrongs, and fix the bruised reputation of their water machine problem that they had. I dont think they owe him the red carpet and to pander up to him or anyone else due to circumstances beyond their control and send him a pile of free things or a new detector and a "letter of apology" ....seriously.

For the $5-600 he spent, they dont "owe" him the world. A year is not a lifetime, he has several other detectors, and maybe he cant use his favorite one....and I am sorry about that, and I am sure Tesoro is sorry about it as well....but that doesn't mean they "OWE" him any of the numerous things mentioned.

Not trying to stir the pot here folks, but listen to yourselves....wolves at the door...put yourself in Tesoro's shoes for just a minute. What if you were in their situation? A homegrown business doing their best to make it in this industry, and you have a hiccup come along that you have no control over....would you appreciate an angry mob at your door throwing out demands? It all seems a little bit selfish from my perspective.

That's just my opinion....I'll let this one rest now. :thumbsup:

LittleJohn

LittleJohn,

I am not arguing with you persue, but with the problem....I expect the same customer service from a Mom and Pop store and if there is a problem, I expect them to make good on it if they want my return business.....

Little company, big company doesn't matter, when they charge $700+ for a detector and want to compete with the big boys then they should be held accountable. I am a Minelab man, but I would say the same thing if it was Minelab or Whites, or Fisher and so on...Over a year to fix a problem, their fault or not, something is owed, "in my personal opinion", again that is just my personal opinion is all.. You never know, when the issue is corrected Tesoro may do something to compensate for it on their own to restore the damage done....

I am not anti-Tesoro, I had the Tesoro Conquistador and it was a great little machine, I got it for competitions hunts because of the freq shifter and found it to be a good machine. I had consided buying a Tesoro Sand Shark or Tiger Shark on several occasions to add to my water arsenal, but after this problem and it taking over a year to fix and it's still on going, I highly doubt I will buy any of their water machines.....Now of course, my not buying one of Tesoro's water machines want make a diddly squat difference in Tesoros bottom line....... ;D

Heck you have people screaming about Minelab when it takes more then 14 working days to get a detector back from repair... :dontknow:

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Word on the grapevine is that you will be getting a Hallmark card and a Snickers :laughing7:

LittleJohn

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Jeep said:
Word on the grapevine is that you will be getting a Hallmark card and a Snickers :laughing7:

That's only if you are not allergic to peanuts!!!

I am interested to see the storys that come out of this. I think many will be surprised at the lengths they will go to to make things right. I have all Tesoro's myself, and I will wait for as long as it takes to get my water machine from them.

This is a hobby....I haven't talked to anyone yet who makes their living with their metal detectors.....with their finds...so until I do....keep it real, keep it fun...and be realistic of your expectations.....just sayin.

LittleJohn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread