Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Upvote 0
C

Charles,Oak Island

A little something to end the season with:

You might be a Floridian if:
You exhibit a slight twitch when introduced to anyone with the first names of Charley, Frances or Ivan.

Your freezer never has more than $20 worth of food in it any given time.

You're looking at paint swatches for plywood on your windows, to accent the house color.

You think of your hall closet/saferoom as "cozy".

Your pool is more accurately described as "framed in" than "screened in".

Your freezer in the garage now only has homemade ice in it.

You no longer worry about relatives visiting during the summer months.

You now understand what that little "2% hurricane deductible" phrase really means.

You're putting a collage together on your driveway of roof shingles from your neighborhood.

You now own 5 large ice chests.

Your parrot can now say" hammered, pounded and hunker down".

You recognize people in line at the free ice, gas and plywood locations.

You stop what you're doing, clap and wave when you see a convoy of power company trucks come down your street.---You're depressed when they don't stop.

You have the personal cell phone numbers of the managers for: plywood, roofing supplies and generators at Lowe's on your speed dial.

You're considering upgrading from a 16" to a 20" chainsaw.

You're thinking of getting your wife the hardhat with the ear protector and face shield for Christmas.

You now think the $6000 whole house generator seems reasonable!

You look forward to discussions about the merits of "cubed, block and dry ice".

Your therapist refers to your condition as "generator envy".

You fight the urge to put on your winter coat and wool cap and parade around in front of your picture window, when you finally get power and your neighbor across the street, with the noisy generator doesn't get electric.

You're thinking of shaving your head and getting a black Gor-Tex rain suit, like Jim Cantore on The Weather Channel has---and so is your husband.

And finally you might be a Floridian if...

You ask your sister up north to start saving the Sunday Real Estate classifieds

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No,there hasn't been a season where 4 major hurricanes have hit 1 state since 1886, I think it was Texas.This is for Charles OakIsland,N.C.:Now that's some funny s**t,you gotta love it.I know you've had your share of storms these last few years.I guess it was time for us Floridians.GOOD LUCK HH :)

C

Charles,Oak Island

Believe me I feel for you guys. I am 3/4 mile off the beach 1/4 mile from the ICW. just retired in May before that I was usually the last guy off the Island before the bridge closed (city police sgt). We have had them up the butt past few years here. Got try and laugh cause you get tired of crying over them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread