newbie member, long-time enthuiast

john k

May 25, 2010
Hi: This is my first foray onto a site like this, and I am amazed at the scope of topics I see here, many of which I am, or have been, interested in. What a wealth of information which may just keep me out of the field - so to speak - while I try to navigate them all. I have been detecting since 1974 and my first find was a Moffat & Co. gold coin dug in a field way outside Richmond, VA with a used detector I bought out of the local want ads. Since then I have been hooked, but have tended to stick by myself in the hobby because I do it for the fun of it even though I came up dry lots of times. I still use a Garrett Deepseeker which has served me well since I bought it in 1981. But then both my cars are 1964 Cadillacs, so you all can see where I stand on "new fangled" things. What I have found and/or collected over the years has been greatly diminished through mishaps such as fire, divorce, thieves, etc, but I keep plugging on looking for the next "treasure" however great or small. I guess that's as close to a bio as I can get. Thanks for the great site. John K from California

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wave: John

welcome53 (3).jpg

Attachments

• welcome53 (3).jpg
    welcome53 (3).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 94

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very warm welcome and I am looking forward to seeing some of your finds. M :hello: nty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread