1266-X with a HOT HEAD Coil...

John Dyer

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2004
I have a Fisher 1265X with a 12" hot head. It doesn't seem to be any more sensitive with the Hot Head than with the other coils I have, which are the original 8" and a 10" Fisher Eliptical. The eliptical is definitely easier to pinpoint with, but I have found some quite deep targets with the 12" plus it covers more ground.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
D

Dragon

Thanks! I purchased mine with the Hot Head so I can't say anything about the difference. I did find some coins at the beach over a foot deep in wet sand though...I have been looking for field tests on the 1266-X but they are not available. I tried KellyCo's site but the URL's for the 1266 field tests aren't there. Anyone else have any thing to say regarding the HH or field tests on the 1266? I am wondering if I should upgrade or get another due to the newer technology as mine is over 10 years old. I purchased it to lok for relics, but never went. I just recently pulled it out of the attic and I can't believe I missed out on 10 years of fun! :o I also was wondering if I should get the original coil made for the unit...I assume the Hot Head would be just as sensitive. I have absolutely no trouble in PinPoint mode finding things, and some items I don't even need to use it.? ;) I don't see a thread on this forum for field test, probably because they are so subjective. Thanks in advance for all the replies.

John in So. Fla.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread