What would you do?

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
What would you do if some one stoled your best #1 metal detector?
That metal detector that cost some big bucks and find you some very great finds.
That white's high dollar one that Minlab, that tesoro,that fisher, that garrett.
Would you freak! would you be so upset if some PUNK stoled your metaldetector.
That metal detector is your your best friend your buddy. If some one took off with it
how would you feel?

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Guess it depends on how close they are and if they can out run a very angry person that does not like some one stealing form them!!!! and would physically restrain them while using a cell phone to call the police!!!! And I'm mean restrain them!!using what ever means's are justified to do it until help arrives!!!

To be honest i don't even stop at a store with my detector in my truck, because i don't want to have some crack head break my window out and steal it!!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I would be very ticked at myself for creating the opportunity to have it stolen, if that was the case. But If it was a break-in when no one was home, and there's nothing I could have done to prevent it, I thank the lord the detector is all they took and left my finds behind, and several more things that are worth much more. After my thanking is over I then get online and buy another Explorer and have it sent express post.

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark (Under water unit)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF you own your own home, turn the loss in to your home owners insurance....SushiDog

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be bummed, but there wouldn't be a whole lot I could do about it... so I guess I'd just get out my old trusty backup machine (White's IDX Pro) and enjoy that sweet concentric coil once again. Who knows, maybe the thief will actually get into detecting at some point. Eh, everything happens for a reason... the good AND the bad. Only God knows....

Bran <><

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would apply a scorched earth policy until I found it. :angry5: :laughing7: :laughing7:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If stolen from home then report to your insurance. If stolen from vehicle then your comp will cover it.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be ticked off about it but s___ happens for a reason. Then I would call the police and make out a report then call my insurance to get it replaced......Matt

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: A reporter was interviewing a Marine sniper in Iraq. She asked him about what he felt when he shot an enemy soldier. The Marine thought it over for a few seconds and replied, "A slight Recoil". If I knew who it was that stole my best detector I'm afraid that would most likely be my response. :laughing9: :headbang:

I hope you get it back.

Where's Me Grog? :coffee2:

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If my metal detector was all they took, I believe it would be something I could get over and I would get another detector. As far as finds go I do not believe that I would be able to get over that. Now if I found the person that did steal my stuff............I guess I would have to give him a good working over if you know what I mean.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
it depends a lot on if i knew exactly who took it -- or if i got a very good ideal who took at least --or if i have no ideal who grabbed it -- if i knew for sure who had it -- I WOULD GET IT BACK COUNT ON IT -- --if i had a good ideal who took it -- I'd call the cops on em -- if i had no ideal on who took it --I'd call the cops and report it "stolen" on insurance as well .

yes i would be heart sick --getting ripped off is never fun.

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes to scorched earth policy!!
Doc

moondog2000

Mar 19, 2010
Beaumont California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT,MXT,GOLD MONSTER 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats funny is if I have something of value in my truck I'm like OK it will be fine but if my detector is in it I will park it where I have one eye on it at all times. 5 weeks ago I was prospecting the hydraulic run off fields at lytle creek and in the process of crossing a dam coming back, the dam collapsed and in the midst of falling I tried to save my detector which resulted in me dislocating my right elbow. the er visit +ortho doc visits +therapy co-pays are about to equal the price of the detector.In the end I will have a weather forcasting elbow that might be a little easy to pop out again, all for the sake of saving my detector. What was I thinking.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the days of eight track tape players I was at a basketball game. Had a vintage Gibson banjo locked in my car.......Came out of the game and found my window broken. Tape player was gone but the banjo was still there......almost shouted for joy.......was hard to get mad at the theif...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread