New Detector Advice: CZ-3D or Explorer SE PRO?

charlesc

Greenie
Jun 27, 2006
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have never tried a CZ, but if I thought it was better than my explorer I would definitely have one. Both units would probably be about the same for seeing a deep cache, but that shouldn't be what you base choosing on. The Explorers excellent iron disc. is what sold me right from the start and it makes so much better use of my time I couldn't imagine having to use something else. I've hunted with a few CZ users and they certainly can't avoid smaller/med sized deep iron like I can.

I think those two choices are very different, but both capable detectors in the right hands.

jwelch66

May 4, 2010
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-70 pro Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about buying an used detector? I have a cz-5 and a cz-70 which are older but I still get 14" deep on a silver dime with headphones. My Dad has a 1266x fisher which is about 20 plus years old and it still gets the same depth as mine. As far as the iron, just move to the side of the object and go over it again and it will disappear. I have hunted next to minelabs and they found things I missed and I found things they missed. As far as the fisher, its like anything they just add more bells and whistles to the same old machines. Good luck!

OP
OP
C

charlesc

Greenie
Jun 27, 2006
Is there any truth to what some people are saying that the new fishers are inferior or is this bs?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
charlesc said:
Is there any truth to what some people are saying that the new fishers are inferior or is this bs?

Someone else will have to answer that because I think all Fishers are inferior to Minelabs. ;D

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[
Someone else will have to answer that because I think all Fishers are inferior to Minelabs. ;D
[/quote]

A couple of months ago I cleaned the clocks of two other Minelab guys in Golden Gate Park in S.F. with a 16 year old Fisher CZ6. I had 2 barbers, 1 IHP, 1 merc., 5 wheats, they had ziltch! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sonoma County Mike said:
[

A couple of months ago I cleaned the clocks of two other Minelab guys in Golden Gate Park in S.F. with a 16 year old Fisher CZ6. I had 2 barbers, 1 IHP, 1 merc., 5 wheats, they had ziltch! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
[/quote]

Well some days an eyeball find wins the day here so one day in San Fran doesn't mean much! The only way I compare detectors (and users) is to compare signals, which I bet you didn't?

OldNorthwest

Sep 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Minelab Exporer SE
I only have experience with one of those detectors. I've used the SE for about a year and I think it's great. I do know someone who has used both extensively and prefers the Minelab.

I hope that helps somewhat.

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a 3D last month and I had some issues but Fisher made it right and I like the features. I like to belt mount and the rod and coil weigh only 2.3lbs. Same as Silver uMax. Easy to learn tones so short learning curve. I have no problem with iron. You learn to listen to the quality of tone. Plus alot of coins are masked under iron. Havent used a Minelab.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions