I wonder how many people got in trouble with this metal detector?

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, really officer, it's not an ankle monitor - it's a metal detector!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a sucker born every minute, anyone who buys them proves that..........................

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
They stole part of my idea for the ultimate detector!! See the post!

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
mrwilburino said:
No, really officer, it's not an ankle monitor - it's a metal detector!

In Mexifornia the police would just say that the battery's were dead.

B

BIG61AL

only a moron would buy that piece of crap...if they did I doubt they used for more than a hour before throwing them in the trash can

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
BIG61AL said:
only a moron would buy that piece of crap...if they did I doubt they used for more than a hour before throwing them in the trash can

Or someone who had a little too much to drink or smoke! :tongue3:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the same kind of crap that put The Sharper Image out of business. :laughing7:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, such SKEPTICISM! I wonder how many of you thought the wristwatch T.V. that the Japanese introduced several years ago was "moronic" and only "suckers" would buy them. Hmmmmmmm how many of you have cell phones, today, that take and record video????

Juuuuuuust wondering.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cell phones???? That is like comparing the space shuttle to a plastic toy, how many people do you know who walk keeping their feet parallel to the ground and an inch off the surface....

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Cell phones???? That is like comparing the space shuttle to a plastic toy, how many people do you know who walk keeping their feet parallel to the ground and an inch off the surface....

Your thinking is too narrow; too, boxed in. Those shoe mounted detectors can be used for surreptitiously checking for relics and caches in places that are not friendly to normal metal detecting. I know of places along the Natchez Trace that contain small caches hidden a couple of hundred years ago by travellers where regular detecting can get you big time fines.

Have you ever actually watched the majority of metal detector users on the beaches and school yards? Hell, just walking using small steps would almost cover the same ground that those wild swingers do. But, again, the shoe mounted detector would be another "specialized" machine. If you don't think specialized detectors have their uses; then, throw away your pinpointers.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
I can think of a couple of places I would use them, just shuffling along.
Have you ever thought about how far you could see a white searchcoil whipping
back and forth. Now we have black searchcoils on a lot of detectors! Much more
stealthy. I know places where mere possession of a detector can get you
arrested.
Just my two cents.
Rich

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Your thinking is too narrow; too, boxed in. Those shoe mounted detectors can be used for surreptitiously checking for relics and caches in places that are not friendly to normal metal detecting. I know of places along the Natchez Trace that contain small caches hidden a couple of hundred years ago by travellers where regular detecting can get you big time fines.

Have you ever actually watched the majority of metal detector users on the beaches and school yards? Hell, just walking using small steps would almost cover the same ground that those wild swingers do. But, again, the shoe mounted detector would be another "specialized" machine. If you don't think specialized detectors have their uses; then, throw away your pinpointers.

First off if you caught using that "specialized machine" as you put it in areas detectors are outlawed, not only can you be arrested, heavily fined and the shoe detectors confiscated, but your vehicle and any detectors and equipment found in it can also be confiscated. That is a huge price to pay to try to sneak in with what is basically a rip off toy...........There are specialzed detectors, I have 2 myself, my Fisher 1235x with the freq shifter for competition hunts, and my Detectorpro Uniprobe pinpointer which can detect up to 6 inches that I also use for hunting under metal bleachers, and playground equipment where there is too much metal structures to swing a regular detector..........I do not consider those shoes to be "specialized machines" those are kid's toys and the arrest, lawyer costs, potential fines and loss of equipment and vehicle of more then $10,000 is a heavy price to pay for trying to sneak in with a toy detector..........It is like robbing a Salvation Army Santa bucket, is the $40 dollars in change worth going to prision......... :icon_scratch:

Yes I have seen people swing their detector in an arc like it is a sickle and they are cutting wheat, although I would not say the majority swing them like that, the ones swinging them like a sickle are finding very little..............

Just my opinion is all.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Treasure_Hunter said:
Shortstack said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

First off if you caught using that "specialized machine" as you put it in areas detectors are outlawed, not only can you be arrested, heavily fined and the shoe detectors confiscated, but your vehicle and any detectors and equipment found in it can also be confiscated. That is a huge price to pay to try to sneak in with what is basically a rip off toy...........There are specialzed detectors, I have 2 myself, my Fisher 1235x with the freq shifter for competition hunts, and my Detectorpro Uniprobe pinpointer which can detect up to 6 inches that I also use for hunting under metal bleachers, and playground equipment where there is too much metal structures to swing a regular detector..........I do not consider those shoes to be "specialized machines" those are kid's toys and the arrest, lawyer costs, potential fines and loss of equipment and vehicle of more then $10,000 is a heavy price to pay for trying to sneak in with a toy detector..........It is like robbing a Salvation Army Santa bucket, is the $40 dollars in change worth going to prision......... :icon_scratch:

Yes I have seen people swing their detector in an arc like it is a sickle and they are cutting wheat, although I would not say the majority swing them like that, the ones swinging them like a sickle are finding very little..............

Just my opinion is all.
We can also mention that a real detector that would pick up a desent signal would have the technology to cost a lot more then the sixty dollars that this toy cost. And I would have to bet that it's not waterproof at that price either. Don't step in a puddle with this shockingly good piece of chinese quality detector. Ops, let me check the manufactures of this item.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread