Dude Ranch?

R

rvbvetter

I was just thinking (did I hear laughter?) that with some saying that the easy finds are a thing of the past. That it might not be nearing the time when creating a Dude Ranch for Detectorists might just be feasable as well as a profitable venture. If you've seen the movie "City Slickers". It could be along the lines of that. Only instead of a cattle drive, each person would be able to go off in search of a real buried cache with their detectors, within the boundrys of, lets say a 1000 to a 5000 acre ranch. It would be a modern cache of course. But if the cache was 500 one ounce silver rounds. I think that might make it real enough. And the treasure wouldn't be in the branch of a tree or in a tuft of grass, like an easter egg. It would actually be buried. But not so where you could just go out and wonder aimlessly around and find it. There would be no maps. But only a treasure tale told to them and then with there friend or friends, go out with their machines. And with the treasure tale and their deductive reasoning (or whatever reasoning they have) try to figure out the area this treasure tale might have taken place and maybe even be able to detect and dig it up or out. But there'll be no guarantes.
Anyway, it's just a thought. Maybe not a good one, but it's the only one I've got at the moment.
But at the rate the people on just this forum are making all these great finds. Soon there maybe nothing left and perhaps will have put me in business.
Not to worry. You will all get a discount or maybe a free hotdog. Which ever is the greater amount. HH

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I think thats a great idea and probally would generate alot of interest...they have camps for everything under the sun...so a camp where people could actually have the chance to take home a tresure would be really great...I can see this idea taking off...the biggest hurdle would be to market it .....alot of people would love the novelty , plus I think some City Slickers would like the safety of a controlled enviroment in order to hunt......You should run with this !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread