The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need some of those too...I would include...

- Name of "company", like "URBSS Salvage".
- Services provided, like finding lost or missing items, locating property markers, police investigations, etc.
- A background picture and/or logo.
- Maybe a short blurb on the back about yourself, your business or something.
- Hours of operation (?)

Anyway, there's my 2 cents.

HH!
TBGO

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My treasure hunting club doesn't even issue membership cards! I would love to have one with my club and my name on it to hand out to people as I am proud of both! :D At least someone would remember you next time you came around to ask to hunt their property. Something with the treasure hunting oath on the backside would be ideal. Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can print business cards on my 'puter, don't know why I haven't. Maybe I'll get the material and design a few just to see how they come out. About all I need is the paper with the proper size spaces. Monty

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Have a card that I printed up on puter.

Just my name, phone number, e-mail address.

That's all I need. Anything more, I feel, would be
overkill, could scare someone away from permission.

all have a good un...............

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since there is no official card for my club, evaryone just designd their own. I would like to have the club name on my card just because it has a good rep for doing charitable things in the city and would be easily recognized by many property owners. Also, I would like for my club to start issueing an official membership card. So, if I design a neat looking one maybe they will adopt it? Monty

B

BOB in TX

I have used a card for years,It has a man with a metal detector ,my name and phone#,a logo that says [I find what time forgot].

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a card I designed and printed with the printer on Business card stock. It has my name, company, our services, and phone number only. You don't want someone busting down your door at 3 AM after last call. I live near Detroit.......LOL. I have a metal detector man as a logo for our company, Search & Recovery Team. We clean beaches and charge for the service, plus get to find goodies. Heck, somebodies has to do it. Beaches that charge admission are under an obligation to have clean safe swim areas or take a chance on litigation. We don't just use metal detectors, but screen sifters for the glass, paper, band-aids, gum and feminine hygiene products left in the water. All this is turned into the manager or owner of the beaches.

We charge a good sum to retrieve lost items, including snowmobiles through the ice and boat props that spin off. An the cards do help and are passed around from one customer to another. But this is getting more like work each season and I am starting to have less fun...... :-\

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started dinking around with MS Word and found that they have business card templates on Microsft's website. The URL is...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT061994801033.aspx

I chose a template, modified it and ended up with the one pictured below. It's ok for my first try. I do not expect to do much business with it...I just want something to give folks when asking permission, etc. It could give you more credibility in certain situations. I'm sure the card will evolve...I'll probably think of something better. Come to think of it, you could have different cards for different situations....hmmmm.

If you have Word or Publisher, you can use the templates. Otherwise, all you need is a printer. The card looks better when printed than the one shown...the screen fonts don't look the same as when printed.

HH!
TBGO

Attachments

• business_card.jpg
    business_card.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 448

JoeMoto

Jan 3, 2006
Oklahoma
I have some experience with amateur graphic design and will make some samples this weekend (since it's supposed to rain saturday and sunday >:() if anyone is interested. I've been wanting to make some for myself anyway.

Shoot me an email or pm and let me know what you're after. If you have a graphic or pic that you want to use, all the better.

I take all my own digital photos, work them over in Photoshop CS2, and built and maintain my own website.

You can buy perforated business card stock from Wally world pretty cheap. 250 cards for around $12 or so (if I remember correctly).

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 500 printed up at the local news print shop.
Cost around 25 bucks. I gave the print shop a copy of
Western & Eastern, & they picked the Detector design for me.

in case picture blurs when posted
this is the Lay-out on it.

====================================

JEFF MORGAN
570-594-****
TREASURE HUNTER

Lost or Hidden
Items Found
5 Second Street
Property Searches Joliett, PA 17981

Is there treasure buried in your back yard ?

===================================

Attachments

• Photo005.jpg
    Photo005.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 367

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, great card, simple and to the point. One thing I find amusing though with all the cards posted on this thread is that they all have the numbers blurred out. You are handing them out to others but keeping them private on the forum. Is "big brother" a concern???

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eathabs said:
Jeff, great card, simple and to the point. One thing I find amusing though with all the cards posted on this thread is that they all have the numbers blurred out. You are handing them out to others but keeping them private on the forum. Is "big brother" a concern???

With me it's more like 20,000 People may see it here, As Compaired to the Persons I hand each one to.
and it's a cell phone, so during peak times Minutes count ;)
And as For Big Brother, You gotta Charge For Services, and or
Actually Make Money Before he comes looking for a Handout,
Right ? I'm strictly Community Service, & Hobbie.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLA: I usally have 3 different types, depending upon the contact. Two are for mines etc. the third is from the Explorers Club. Logo of course speaks for itself.

Till Eulenspiegle

Attachments

• Bus.jpg
    Bus.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 335
  • lt bus.jpg
    lt bus.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 331
  • .jpgExplorers club membershi pcard.jpg
    .jpgExplorers club membershi pcard.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 268
  • Tayopa Logo?.jpg
    Tayopa Logo?.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 341

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice cards RT.

eathabs said:
One thing I find amusing though with all the cards posted on this thread is that they all have the numbers blurred out. You are handing them out to others but keeping them private on the forum. Is "big brother" a concern???

When I posted my card, I thought about posting it as is, but, as this is an anonymous forum, I thought I should remain anonymous. There is no reason to display my personal information globally. As the card will only be given to folks I meet personally, there is no benefit to displaying the info, since I do not anticipate dealing with anyone but locals.

HH!
TBGO

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I worked on the card some more and ended up with what is shown below. It's OK, I guess...it was fun making it. Pics are of the front and back of the card.

HH!
TBGO

Attachments

• card_front.jpg
    card_front.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 291
  • card_back.jpg
    card_back.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 305

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread