You Know Youre Truly Addicted to Treasure Hunting when...

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Know You're Truly Addicted to Treasure Hunting when...

This is a shameless bump of my own post from March 2006, but its been 2 years since I posted it and I have some more to add...ENJOY!!

1. You glance in the McDonald's donation boxes at the counter, hoping maybe to spot a Wheatie.
2. You look at EVERY coin you receive and jiggle your pocket at the end of the day, listening for the sounds of silver, just in case you had missed in during the day.
3. Not only are you willing, but look forward to battling snow, penetrating sun, poison ivy, and an occasional dog.
4. You refer to old coins as Wheaties, Barbies, Mercs, and Buffs.
5. You spot a crooked tree and swear it points to gold.
6. Finding several dollars in clad is actually unfulfilling.
7. Your weekend trip to the beach requires a sand scoop.

[glow=red,2,300]8. You own 15 different digging tools, but only use 1.
9. You "accidently" jam the Coinstar machine and ask the teller if you can have the contents of the trash tray. TRY IT, IT WORKS!!!
10. You have almost wrecked on numerous occasions because you spotted a foundation or old house.
11. Digging in your church clothes is necessary at times.
12. You meet the in-laws for the first time and immediately direct the conversation to questions about the history of their property...(haha, my girlfriend was pissed!!)
13. You stop on the way home at a dumpster outside of a house to check the contents.

FEEL FREE TO ADD MORE!!!!

I have actually done every one of these

Upvote 0
B

brz

Re: You Know You're Truly Addicted to Treasure Hunting when...

detect when the ground is frozen then mark them so when it thaws you can dig them up. wait in your car at the spot you want to hunt until its light enough to actually see what you are digging. the only times that you don't mind that your finger tips are numb from the ice cold soil. You think that your detector is about the prettiest thing that you own,. you air test just for fun.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

When part of your detecting gear includes a urine collection bag so you don't have to go running around looking for a gas station.

OP
OP
Kiros32

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bk said:
When part of your detecting gear includes a urine collection bag so you don't have to go running around looking for a gas station.

Now that is some frightening dedication!!!

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

...when you stop to throw your quarters in the bucket on the tollway, spot quarters laying on the ground, get out, scoop up 5 quarters, get back in, but not soon enough so the barrier comes back down...the kids think you're insane...luckily the barrier raises again, and off you go. Actual story from last week... ::)

MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Mar 24, 2006
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

when you buy a lamp to wear on your head so you can see the ID and depth on the detector at night, as well as what and where you are digging.

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

;D You've started collecting pull tabs and pop tops in a five gallon bucket just to see how fast you can fill it up. :o

J

J.D.

You tell your wife that you are going to walk the dog and find yourself at the park walking the detector

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac

with 6 plus inches of snow on the ground you lay coins all over the house and go "detecting" for them ( make it more realistic by throwing down some pull tabs, iron and a few relics)

curl up with your detector on the couch on a cold night to watch a movie

take your pinpointer to family gatherings, whip it out on everyone and check there pockets, insist you see what they have.

go through friends and family memebers vehicles to see if they have any "good" change in them.

you fall asleep every night with your detector's owner manual, you have read it 20 times.

before metal detecting you wouldnt pick a penny up off the ground for anything, now you will dig one up at a foot under roots and rocks in 100 degree weather

man, we are a sick bunch! ;D

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro

Mike,
I called my Lady Friend and read the "lay coins all over house and detect" and she yelled, "My God, other people do that too? You're all crazy!"
Thank you for showing me that I don't really need a self-help group. (Is that an oxymoron?)

:D

grizzly bare

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used

Not addicted to treasure hunting, but to TreasureNet.

I was telling my friend a really cool joke and in the middle of the punchline she stopped me by yelling, "You got that from stoney56!" (actually happened!)

grizzly bare

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac

hey grizzly bear! I was afraid to admit that one since I hadnt seen it yet... I am just as glad as you are to know someone else does it! ;D

K

Kentucky Kache

I'm driving along and spot an old, abandoned brick structure in the middle of a field.
My mouth bigins to water. You would think I was looking at Michelle Pfeiffer in the nude.
Yep, I'm a goner.

R

rvbvetter

mmmmmmm............Michele Pfeiffer

I'm like Homer Simpson when he thinks of donuts. HH

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used

I bought the "Grease Two" video just to watch Michele Pfeiffer! Drool. salivate, act like an idiot. Boy , if they would make a movie with her and Charisma Carpenter, I'd quit detecting for 48 hours!

grizzly bare

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE

When you start looking at a womens neckless rather than there cleavage

You give your detector a bath more than you do yourself

When you start buying batteries by the case instead of by the dozen

When you take your wife's AA batteries out of her night time toys to put in your pin pointer

Your number one subscription is too western & eastern treasure instead of penthouse

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois

When your wife meets you at the door in her teddy and you tell her that your hunting partner is in the car and you have to go. (Shes still mad about that one.)

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good

You get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and logon here before going back to bed to see if anyone posted anything new.

R

rvbvetter

......the wife tells you it's either her or the detector, and a week later you're eating TV dinners and doing research on your next detecting site.

....the wife says there's sand drifts in the bed from your detector.

....your wife says, the least you could do is warm your detector before bringing it to bed. HH

D

diggit 65

ok lets just say that I have all those symptoms is there help out there ?
Oh never mind I've got to go I saw a new spot while I was driving today so I'm going to strap on my head lamp and go :D and I still have to pack up the extra detector and batteries for backup just in case the other one might quit in the midle of my hunt :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions