VDI Chart for the Safari Please...

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have asked this question 5 or 6 times already with no response whatsoever. Either it doesn't exist, or, you guys just want to keep it secret :laughing7:

Does anyone have access to a VDI chart which explains the different probable targets for certain VDI numbers or ranges on the Safari?

I have tried a test in my flower garden, however, the readings are all over the place. I've had pennies come up at a 30 VDI and a 15 VDI. This NEVER happened on my MXT 300.

I mainly hunt by tone alone, or, at least I try to the majority of the time. But, I am a new Safari user and can use all the help I can get.

VDI numbers are important for me since it gives me a good idea of what a target is. Which then gives me the option of digging or not digging depending on mood, area, trash, etc.

On my MXT, smaller and medium gold usually fell in the foil range - 6 to 12 VDI. Nickels 18 to 20. 20 to 50 was mainly junk except for the occasional surprise & anything over 50 was a must dig.

Surely someone out there can give me something similar to the above for the Safari.

BTW, I was having a LOT of trouble tracking down Andy Sabisch's book "Mastering the Quattro", but, tracked one down a few days ago. I heard it is FANTASTIC for the Safari since the Quattro is basically a stepped-down version. Is the book THAT good?

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're much better off learning by sound and never looking at the screen so "our secrecy" is actually helping you! ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you now have Andy's book you already have the answers. MOnty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread