Do you keep your first find?

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
For me, I made an effort to. When I got my Ace 250 on the 28th, the first target that I dug was a battery. I left it on the counter, and it accidentally got thrown out. I know I shouldn't get upset over a battery, but it was my first find. So I was wondering, do you guys keep the first object that you found with your detector?

Upvote 0

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started hunting in 1985 ...

SSSOOO

I can't remember what my 1st target was.....
I have kept many things over the years that are rare and beautiful...
but not my 1st target...

tentpegs

Oct 15, 2006
spain
Detector(s) used
ex 1000 surfmaster pi
I started metal detecting while i was in the army no i did not keep my first signal. Which was a 1964 penney.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first find was a bottle cap!!! Tossed it!! i do have the first coin i found 1978 penny!!
HH chug

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I kept my fist find all I would have is a small handful of pull tabs in a jar. However, I did keep my first significant find, of a Dead Eye, and some lead sheeting from a shipwreck I have been hunting for many years. My first Eight Reale coin the wife had put into a setting and turned into a necklace that I proudly wear every day.

Tom

M

miser

Coins4Cheese said:
For me, I made an effort to. When I got my Ace 250 on the 28th, the first target that I dug was a battery. I left it on the counter, and it accidentally got thrown out. I know I shouldn't get upset over a battery, but it was my first find. So I was wondering, do you guys keep the first object that you found with your detector?

No I didn't, but I can understand why people would want to. It's like keeping the first dollar you ever earned.

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I honestly don't remember my first find. I do have my first coin, a nickel (found in 1986 with a Brinkman Treasure Sensor) and my first and only wheatie (found in 1989 with a White's Coinmaster Classic III). I too can understand wanting to keep the first find though.

Doug

DBFISHER

Apr 21, 2009
Elkhart, IN.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA350 , Fisher F-70
my first find was a beat up Dale Earnhart butane lighter, I still have it today sitting on my night stand.

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
turtlefoot13 said:
I honestly don't remember my first find. I do have my first coin, a nickel (found in 1986 with a Brinkman Treasure Sensor) and my first and only wheatie (found in 1989 with a White's Coinmaster Classic III). I too can understand wanting to keep the first find though.

Doug

You have found only one wheat penny since 1989 ??
Been kindav a dry spell ??

Where do you hunt ?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not collect BUT I DO have my first find the first thing i ever got a signal on and dug was a -- 20 g -- scale calibration weight back in April of 1981... it sets on my desk in my little home office that i use for my comuputer and do my bills. I remember so well it was a saturday morning and a light rain was falling found it with my first detector a Garrett freedom Coin Commander.

Attachments

• 80CA0VUSXU.jpg
    80CA0VUSXU.jpg
    945 bytes · Views: 206

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have my first find but I do have my first coin. I found this one with a Jetco Treasure Hawk in 1974 when I was thirteen years old. I can still remember the moment I pulled it out of the ground. Couldn't have been more excited if I had found a pot of gold! Ran straight home and put it in a holder.

Attachments

• first coin.jpg
    first coin.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 201

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes a lot of things you forget but i remember that first find like it was this morning and can picture it and see it like it just happened.

Attachments

• 80CA0VUSXU.jpg
    80CA0VUSXU.jpg
    945 bytes · Views: 185
  • 80CA0VUSXU.jpg
    80CA0VUSXU.jpg
    945 bytes · Views: 182

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TORRERO said:
turtlefoot13 said:

Doug

You have found only one wheat penny since 1989 ??
Been kindav a dry spell ??

Where do you hunt ?

I took a leave from the hobby for a few years but I hunt almost exclusively in the woods looking for logging relics and shotgun brass. I have only hit one tot-lot and one park in the last several years. I am going to try to get some coinshooting done this summer/fall though. I have some home sites from the 1880's-1920's to hit. I am in hopes of finding some silver and older coins. (I am trying to widen my horizons a bit ;D )

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I kept my first good find.....
but that was 25 years ago and now I can't tell which one it was...

HELP !!

Attachments

• TABLE PICTURE OF MAIN COLLECTION1 (Small).JPG
    TABLE PICTURE OF MAIN COLLECTION1 (Small).JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 178
  • TABLE PICTURE OF MAIN COLLECTION1 (Small).JPG
    TABLE PICTURE OF MAIN COLLECTION1 (Small).JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 158

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
First thing I found was a 1968 Lincoln memorial cent, followed by a 1973 Roosevelt dime. Nope. Spent 'em. I almost never keep the common stuff: way too common.

rocky735

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Yeah, Even though it was just a 1988 clad quarter dug with a cheapie detector 2 or 3 years ago.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have kept my first "real" finds and they are mixed in a plastic bag from that summer. My first hunt I found a whopping $0.07 cents and a ton of garbage :laughing9: I was always thinking that at the rate of my finds, I would never recoup the original investment :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread