Our hobby for the physically challenged

gambler13

May 27, 2010
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Xterra 705
I am a member of the physically challenged. I use this term and not disabled because in most cases, it is that. Things can be accomplished, just not in the routine way, with a little thought and effort. I can only speak as a member of an upper extremity loss. That is my challenge. I'm an upper extremity amputee with very limited use of my remaining arm and hand. I've tried other sports, such as fishing, enjoyed it, but hated to always need someone else to tie lures on for me. Metal detecting gives me something I can do, although I still need help for some things like changing batteries, coils, etc. because of no flexibility or dexterity in my hand. I also had knee replacement so kneeling requires effort also. My point of this post is if you know someone who is physically challenged, introduce them to our hobby. It might be something they are looking for and enjoy.

Upvote 0

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post gambler!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post and reminder that through fate anyone can become challenged.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread