whats the wierdest thing you found out in the woods ?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weirdest thing I found in the woods the 2nd trip back to our site was..... no woods!

OP
OP
pinebarrens1

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been there and done that iron ............some of the best woods hunting was after a fire blew through...i thought to myself so ticks no snakes ...........sad site to see but worked out for me ......

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A dead body. Worst thing was I smelled it before I saw it. That makes for an uncomfortable conversation with the property owner--and it also makes for permission denied for a rehunt! :tard:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pinebarrens1 said:
been there and done that iron ............some of the best woods hunting was after a fire blew through...i thought to myself so ticks no snakes ...........sad site to see but worked out for me ......

It was the only woods site we have ever hunted, but was in cottage country so it was a surprise to see it cleared, but by no means shocking.

The weirdness didn't stop there either.... The first hunt I dug very few buttons, like 7 or 8, but got 4 early military which was my single day record at that point. The second hunt once the woods were gone and was basically just a plowed field I dug about 20 buttons, and every last one was plain! Man when the buttons started to fly out I thought we were going to have a killer day but sure didn't turn out like that. There is now a huge cottage on the site.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
A dead body. Worst thing was I smelled it before I saw it. That makes for an uncomfortable conversation with the property owner--and it also makes for permission denied for a rehunt! :tard:

You win!

I'm sure you must have followed up on what happened? About 8 years ago I was asking permission and the farmer said he had found a body at the bottom of his field on the river. I believe in that story the guy was walking over a bridge, but under it, on the cat walk or whatever you want to call it. I think he fell in by mistake, and floated several miles once the Spring thaw came.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I was on a treasure hunt for some lost gold. I got this overload signal and thought I hit it. It turned out to be a 17# brake shoe for a narrow gauge train! Believe it or not I still have it.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
While" cleaning the beech" at O.C. Md. I found an Iraqi quarter. Strong current! LOL

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
These. Been there forever and the property owner intends to keep it that way. Really too far gone to do much with anyway. They have been slowly becoming part of the dirt for over 50 years.

Attachments

• resting in the woods-3.jpg
    resting in the woods-3.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 479
  • resting in the woods-3.jpg
    resting in the woods-3.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 452

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
This might apply be labeled the weirdest thing I never found!
I got an overload signal on the beach in Del. About 1' down I found a navy style anchor. When I pulled it out It had a rope attached to it. I pulled on the rope, but it wouldn't give. I dug down 3' before the sand won the battle by filling in faster than I could it out! I guess I will always wonder what I never found!
Well befort Spart jumps on me, there were a couple of scrubby trees on the dunes!!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
This might apply be labeled the weirdest thing I never found!
I got an overload signal on the beach in Del. About 1' down I found a navy style anchor. When I pulled it out It had a rope attached to it. I pulled on the rope, but it wouldn't give. I dug down 3' before the sand won the battle by filling in faster than I could it out! I guess I will always wonder what I never found!
Well befort Spart jumps on me, there were a couple of scrubby trees on the dunes!!

You found the anchor but left the ship. :(

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:

Same here, except mine was down to the bones.

Critters ate pretty good over the winter before me and a buddy happened to stumble upon him. Guy had been missing for just over a year.

DJH

OP
OP
pinebarrens1

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is a old buick . near me ...real old . i would love to get it home . and scrap it .....some wierd #hit out there . there is a old man that i see his work from time to time . he drags all the tires and stuff to the road so it can be picked up . i dont know how he does it . some of the stuff looks real heavy .

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NHBandit said:
These. Been there forever and the property owner intends to keep it that way. Really too far gone to do much with anyway. They have been slowly becoming part of the dirt for over 50 years.

Thanks for sharing your pic. Don't know what it is, it makes me sad to see vehicles in that condition but I am at the same time fascinated by them. :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread