sounds

T

tonita

Hello all,

I just received my metal detector...a BH Gold Digger. I know it's not an expensive model, but being unemployed and desperate for something to do and low on money, it's all I could afford. I was just putting around in the yard today just to get the feel of it and I'm a little/lot confused about the sounds and the meter. It has a trash eliminator dial which I think should be all the way up if I don't want to detect nails and junk metal. The sensitivity dial I don't know what to do with it. The user's manual is not very clear. I hear two different tones, sometimes together. I higher pitched tone and a lower buzz type tone. I have no clue what any of it means. Can anyone help? How do I differenciate between good stuff and bad stuff? What does the meter mean? Is there supposed to be a continuous tone or the short broken tones that I hear. I did dig a little but always found just metal stuff and some nails.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Put a few items on the ground and try to setup the machine so you can understand the differences between the items detected. Try coins of every denomination and a few pulltabs. This is called a test garden. Can be above or below ground, as long as you know what's there, then adjust your machine to where you can determine the difference between the items by the machine's response.

Not sure about the specifics of the BH adjustments, but there are BH-specific forums where other users can help. Oh yeah, my buddy Mike just found an 1893 Columbian Expo half with his BH so don't underestimate your ability if you take the time to learn the machine!

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched but could find no specs on, or have any experience with that model of BH or i would throw in my $ 0.2 worth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread