Survey for Coin & Relic Hunters...

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Survey for Coin & Relic Hunters...

Hey Diggers,

Wanted to do a little survey of all you coinshooters and relic hunters out there. Just to get a feel for what everyone else is doing and what their approach is. It's a two-pronged question. Please chime in as I think the responses should be quite telling and might help others like myself.

First, when coinshooting or relic hunting, do you primarily

A. Just choose your hunting sites at random

B. Knock on doors

C. Use vigorous research to find potential sites

Second, do most of you out there in computer-land hunt usually within

A. 15 minutes of your residence

B. 30 minutes of your residence

C. An hour or greater from your residence

Trying to get a feel on where the success is coming from. I myself do a mixture of all 3, however, I primarily choose a site after looking at a few places online and seeing which looks the most promising in terms of age, potential finds, etc. However, might be changing strategies soon.

Chime in :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Survey for Coin & Relic Hunters...

njnydigger said:
Hey Diggers,

Wanted to do a little survey of all you coinshooters and relic hunters out there. Just to get a feel for what everyone else is doing and what their approach is. It's a two-pronged question. Please chime in as I think the responses should be quite telling and might help others like myself.

First, when coinshooting or relic hunting, do you primarily

A. Just choose your hunting sites at random

B. Knock on doors

C. Use vigorous research to find potential sites

Second, do most of you out there in computer-land hunt usually within

Trying to get a feel on where the success is coming from. I myself do a mixture of all 3, however, I primarily choose a site after looking at a few places online and seeing which looks the most promising in terms of age, potential finds, etc. However, might be changing strategies soon.

Chime in :thumbsup:

A. I Just choose my hunting sites at random.

ALL THREE

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I guess my answers would be C and C

I usually do some research. Some sites more that others and most of my sites are within 45 minutes of my house.

Doug

I hunt for relics by the way.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The two of us that hunt together here do so much of everything I can't narrow it down to a primary answer. I've hunted old sites as close as being 100 feet out my back door, to about an hour and 15 away, and everything in between. Sites can be researched, or random, and we always knock on the door, and many times more than one to track the right person down. The last thing that's not on your list is we don't quit easy. Sometimes we'll walk fields for 3 or 4 hours and get nothing but know the next one could be the one. That is exactly what happened in the Spring and my very last researched idea I had for the day gave up 25 coppers. :thumbsup:

hishergarrett

Jan 22, 2010
barnwell,sc
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATpro

I generally check out old maps in areas I want to check out.Then I ask people I know if they may know who owns the land.Sometimes this works and in other cases,I ride to the area and go to the nearest house and ask who owns the land.Most can tell you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread