COIL COVER--THE FACTS

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
COIL COVER--THE FACTS

I realize everyone has their opinion, but lets just answer 3 questions here and then come back later to draw our own conclusion from the facts!
1-How long have you been using a metal detector?

2-How many coils have you broken?

3-Do you use a coil cover on all of your detectors?
Please come back and check the facts later, thank you.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Re: COIL COVER--THE FACTS

Buckle Boy: You don't have an XLT

Ray S ECen Fl: I adjusted it in the first year I owned it . I have been afraid to change anything in the 9 years since. There was a yellow manual that explained each setting. It was a matter of trial and error. I kept a log for one year, but that was 9years ago! I will look for the manual. In the mean time contact White's. As I recall it was 6"x4" with a yellow cover. If I find it I will post info here. My version of the XLT is the rainbow version. They still sell the XLT!!

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

Frankn said:

Ray S ECen Fl: I adjusted it in the first year I owned it . I have been afraid to change anything in the 9 years since. There was a yellow manual that explained each setting. It was a matter of trial and error. I kept a log for one year, but that was 9years ago! I will look for the manual. In the mean time contact White's. As I recall it was 6"x4" with a yellow cover. If I find it I will post info here. My version of the XLT is the rainbow version. They still sell the XLT!!

I really think you should concentrate on raising the sea level. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Wouldn't want to take your job!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn said:

How do you know I don't have an XLT?

You should be able to access the menus on your XLT and see each setting on the menu board. Just post the information here. You don't need the manual for that. Just look at your basic and pro adjustments menus and post your A.C. and D.C. sensitivity, coarse G.E.B. setting, Autotrack setting and speed, and V.D.I. sensitivity setting, etc. All settings on the XLT are either OFF/ON settings or number value settings. Just post them.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal

BuckleBoy said:
Frankn said:

How do you know I don't have an XLT?

You should be able to access the menus on your XLT and see each setting on the menu board. Just post the information here. You don't need the manual for that. Just look at your basic and pro adjustments menus and post your A.C. and D.C. sensitivity, coarse G.E.B. setting, Autotrack setting and speed, and V.D.I. sensitivity setting, etc. All settings on the XLT are either OFF/ON settings or number value settings. Just post them.

I think the gauntlet has been thrown down! Will the challenge now be accepted? hmmmmmm

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Ray S ECen FL- OK Ray I found the manual. Buckle boy doesn't even own an XLT And Spez401 doesn't have one listed either! There is not enough room here to post it without a timeout dump, So look for {XLT Settings-1-5 etc} posts. I will post them in sections starting now!!!!

Well Spez401 the 5 setting groupes have been posted. I have picked up the gauntlet so I get choice of weapons. Make it an X.L.T. LOL (^_~)

Did I Hear ThankYou???

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer

Started detecting in 1962, before anyone ever heard of a coil cover,. I don't believe in coil covers, don't use em and have never damanged a coil.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started detecting in 1962, before anyone ever heard of a coil cover,. I don't believe in coil covers, don't use em and have never damanged a coil.
ya and thats fine that is what u like and what works for u, me i use them pending on the area im in rocky ya know a rough area,the other time i use them would be pending pon how the coil is made for example the garrett coils have the plastic on top and the grey epoxy of the bottom that i can c and use a cover so for the long run no physical damage. now a couple of the whites coils plastic all the way top and bottom i dont use 1 so for me just depends i mean lets face it these coils r not cheap and a 15 dollar cover to save a 200 coil im my mind is worth it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread