Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coins and jewelry.

Not much relic hunting in my area, sad to say.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
right about now I'm seeking shade...

God let the devil loose in the south, and he is scorching and torching us down here... NC

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think I have looked for everything so I guess that would make me a generalist. In reality I go for the gold but often settle for an old rusty piece of iron that I can conserve. I have more iron on display in galleries, but I don't really talk about the gold to much.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends on location. When detecting on a sandy beach I dig all targets. While hunting old parks I will concentrate on deep and shallow coins, ignore some pulltab readings, ignore all zinc penny signals. At sand boxes / wood-chip boxes at the elementary schools I dig all the signals, from steel all the way up to silver. When water hunting I dig everything that beeps.

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brass shotgun shells and brass heads from paper shotshells. They are what I love and are my passion. Honestly, I would rather find them than a merc.

Doug

shotgunbrass.jpg

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Call me crazy, but I kinda like finding 1700's nails myself :wink: :D
Most local blacksmiths made nails. Thomas Jefferson, a true Renaissance man, made nails on his plantation. Until the very end of the 1700's, most nails in better furniture had a head that was rose-cut or faceted like an old miner's cut diamond. Here are examples of hand-forged nails with tapered square shafts and hand-hammered heads from the 1700's:

Attachments

• square.jpg
    square.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 206

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt the woods about 90% of the time (in "coin & jewelry" mode) and will dig just about anything. . . from vintage Cracker Jack prizes to clad. However, the "Generalist" in me kicks in when I start a new site which means I'll also dig the "nulls" (iron) to get a feel for the age and target depth of the area I'm hunting.

turtlefoot13 said:
Brass shotgun shells and brass heads from paper shotshells. They are what I love and are my passion. Honestly, I would rather find them than a merc.
Doug
shotgunbrass.jpg

(Doug, I'll make you a deal: For every Merc you send me I'll send you TWO brass heads. . . ;D)

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I'm a bit of both. Right now, generalist whilst I get to the accurate pinponiting stage with my detector. Still spending time researching specific treasures. Two in general: a large meteorite over 100 years in (then out) of the ground, and a cache of about $400 "mostly" gold coins near me. I REALLY don't want to find even one of those coins with a scratch on it ... so spending the time in the parks learning to listen to my detector.

To 4-H: neat nails! Do you like to meditate on who may have made them?

Spent 40 minutes yesterday talking to a 92-year-old guy who wanted to talk about the detector while I was in a local park. End result: he invited me to hunt his yard. He said he'd lived in the house since 1955, raised a bunch of kids there, and was certain there would be nothing for anyone to find.

I'd prefer to hunt private yards all the time, but rarely do I get invited to do so.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whatever's in the ground at them long, lost home sites in the woods. Coins, iron...
More a relic kinda guy

Al

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TORRERO said:
right about now I'm seeking shade...

God let the devil loose in the south, and he is scorching and torching us down here... NC
Ain't that the truth! Almost too hot to go near sunset right now. Think I might go dredging this weekend just to lay down in the water.
To answer, I too seek coins and jewelry.
HH
enamel7

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions