Ordered new metal detector today

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
you really jumped in with both feet didnt you! the explorer 2 is one of the best detectors you can get.just take your time learning it (it may seem a bit overwhelming at first) and im sure you willbe finding great stuff in no time.

R

rvbvetter

OH NO!!! Tell me you didn't!!!
Of all the detectors you could have chose. You went and chose that one!!
That's about the worse one you could have picked!!!
DANG!!! Now I'm going to have competition!!!

But all that aside. Excellent choice!! In my opinion, it's one of the top 3 out there. And in somes opinion, the best.
Be prapared for perhaps a little frustration learning it. But once basic trainings over. You'll be more than happy with your choice. Congrats!!! HH

OP
OP
C

cadawg

Thanks for the reassuring words. I will try and do some research before I bother you guy with a bunch of questions.

cadawg
waiting on the UPS truck!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very excellent detector. It will seem hard to learn, but you'll catch on in no time. It's better to start out with the top dog than waste time with a cheaper one that won't do what you want and you'll always wonder what your missing.

Don't do like I do and chase UPS trucks when a detector is on the way. I have many and still get excited and follow the brown trucks hoping it'll turn down my street. It's worse when I get sent one to play with for awhile....

Enjoy the detector and there are no dumb questions here......

Sandman

SO MANY BEACHES, SO LITTLE TIME.

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Well done you have chosen well I have been using Explorers both models 1 and 2 for the last five years. The machine is simple to use dont believe all the hog wash about it being complicated.What you have with this machine is a lot of options and the ability to
alter the settings to suit different ground conditions that other machines cant operate in. It is a machine you can just simply turn on and use in its standard factory settings or if you wish can set to your own preferences. It is a good move to get the probe the explorer can be a bit difficult to pin point at first but this becomes easier with practice the probe will really be a big help with that and especially on deeper targets. have a look at the explorer dvds if you can and get Andy sabisch Mastering the Minelab Explorer book. Well done seeya Neilo ;D

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome cadawg!

You made the right choice and don't let anyone (including me) tell you otherwise. Starting with and maintaining a positive attitude is extremely important in this hobby.

The Minelab machines are proven winners and have many loyal users worldwide. Every day people all over this world are finding awesome stuff with the Explorer and the other models. Most would never leave Minelab completely for another brand.

So, DON'T hear the crap! You know: "Minelabs get poor depth" or "Minelabs are too hard to learn" ...hogwash!

I use a Tesoro and trust me, I hear more crap and lies about this brand than any other brand that's ever been made. But, I happened to own one and have found it's exactly right for me....I love it!

In the service they have a saying: "DON'T GIVE ME EXCUSES!!!!!!!!....I WANT RESULTS!!!!

Results is what we all want and Minelab can deliver.

So, practice and then come back here and show us lots of super pictures. Watch Nana40's posts to learn the art of posting good stuff.

Oh, and one more thing...don't let the depth claims of others discourage you. We're all a bunch of big fat liars when it comes to the depth of our finds.

Badger P.S. Back like a bad penny.

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Excellent choice. I thought it was an incredible detector for coins. Just be patient and don't be afraid to ask questions here or on some Minelab forums.

I have a suggestion here for you. Buy a detector harness such as a bungee cord to take the weight off your arm. The Explorer 11 is a bit heavy for a lot of folks.

George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions