fisher m scope 1220-x

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
Hi Allen,
I know this is probably a silly question, but are you sure it's a 1220X? The reason I ask, is because my 1220X uses 8AA batteries and the coil wire plug is a 5 pin male. My 1225X uses 2 9V batteries and the coil wire is a 5 pin female as you described. I'm trying to think if there was a running change in the models, maybe? Anyways, if it is a 1225 with the 5 pin female plug you mentioned, there are coils available for it. I know there is a 5", and a 10.5" available now, but the price might scare you. They are easy to find used in the classified section. If the machine is indeed a 1220X like mine, not sure about the possibility of coils for it. I hope this helps you.

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
Yep its a 1220-x that's whats on the cover its the one with the horse shoe bent handle. Somebody could have changed the wires to accept the 2 9 volts, I have no idea but its been in a older lady's house we know for a long time in storage since her husband passed and she said I could have it, so I graciously accepted it and put 2 new batteries in it and it works like a charm. I don't like the handle though and installed it on my old detectors handle so its way easier to swing.I just found a 5 inch for the 1225 for $98 that's not too bad,its hard to tell from the pic if the plug is the same as mine.

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
Hi Allen,
You could plug 2 9V batteries into mine as the wires have 9V connectors. Notice how deep the battery compartment is though. There are 2 plastic battery trays that take 4 AA's each. With the 2 9V's you are overpowering the unit. Since the coil connections are different between our machines, your guess is as good as mine as to what has happened. Bear in mind that there is no guarantee that 5" coil will work with your machines internals. I'm pretty sure someone along the way modified yours to accept the newer coils. Again, maybe there was a running change. I wish I had more information to give you. Maybe someone else who has or has had one of these units could offer more info.

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
Thanks for the info, I'm glad I have had it turned on too much to hurt it.I found some of the 4 AA battery holders at radio shack and i see what ya mean,they snap on just like a 9 volt $1.79 each not bad at all. This detector didn't have any battery's or holders with it and my treasure hunter detector uses 2 9 volts so i just assumed it was the same. I'm going to Panama City FL this weekend so Ill get to try her out.Thanks for the help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions