Need some advice please.

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ive had the ace 250 now for almost 2 years. Ive learned it well and it does its job wonderfully. Im now looking for something that can do 2 things if there is such a machine. I want a machine that can detect a decent depth on land and a machine i can use in the water. Is there a good machine that is waterproof and works well submerged, that is also a knockout on land with some real depth.

My poor ace just doesnt do much past 4 inches and just the humidity can get it to wet. Thanks in advance for any suggestions here.

Upvote 0

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the Tesoro Tiger Shark will fill all of your needs. Check it out.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Do your self a favor and get 2 detectors
I use a white's XLT about 80% of the time. It can go down 2' for large targets. It works great on salt or fresh water beaches. It's computer can be set for any situation. I have used it in the coin & jewelry mode most everwhere. I have used it in the prospect mode in the West with good results. It is the jack of all jobs type detector.
My other detector is a white's surfmaster PI. It is the older version but still works great. it is waterproof, detects deep, and works in difficult situations like coins in black sand on a salt water beach. I have also used it prospecting out West.
The XLT has a display that actually gives you a good idea of what is down there. You can avoid a lot of junk in bad areas. I think White's still sells the XLT and there are usually several on this form's for sale listings. The PI is now sold in a newer version that is waterproof to 100'. Oh, it comes with weighted or unweighted coil. Hope this helps you out!

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
Shortstack said:

Last time i looked there is a waiting list for tiger and land sharks due to parts....look for more details in Tesoro section under brands

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dpitt8 said:
Shortstack said:

Last time i looked there is a waiting list for tiger and land sharks due to parts....look for more details in Tesoro section under brands

Or call around to some different dealers and ask if they have some Tiger Sharks in stock. I didn't mention the Sand Shark because the PI type detector might be just too aggravating for JD's use.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You left out some key info... budget, & fresh or salt water?

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Minelab if you can spare the $$$$ Detector pro pirate would be something to look at for the price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions