Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab is Australian so your going to have to send it to the Minelab USA distributor in Las Vegas Phone# 702-891-8809. They are the only one probably qualified to work on it. Give em a call. Good luck

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
True metal is correct. The address is

Minelab USA INC
2700 E. Patrick Lane, Suite 11
Las Vegas, Nevada 89210

The repair tech's name is Sam. He's really nice and very easy to deal with. For faster service use a credit card to pay when they call you with the total. Mine is on it's way back right now and only cost me $92.00 shipping and all. Good luck and HH! Chris

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southern Gent those details are good to know in case my Sov ever goes down, thanks. What happened to yours?

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
I lost threshhold and depth. The fix was simple but still I lost the time. I was just getting into my hunt too. It's always good to have a back up. Now I have a back up for my back up. I don't know about you, but my sov. has spoiled me. HH! Chris

OP
OP
FLauthor

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The battery pack hook up is worn out.? Luckily I remembered I had a Alkaline case I ordered a year or so back but it was for a newer Excaliber.? But with a hacksaw, grinder and a Dremel tool, I managed to complete a conversion and its working fine now.? I'll contact the service center and have them send me a replacement for my old battery container and use it as a spare backup.
Thanks for you help.

Harry

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah southern Gent I love mine, no regrets at all. I'm still learning it and have not mastered it like you have, but i'm getting there. 8)

tanman58

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne , Florida
Help, I've been detecting for years and last October I bought an Excalibur 1000. Its an awesome machine but lately I can't keep the threshold tone. It just freaks out with a growling sound and other weird noises,, Yes I've adjusted the sensitivity, recharged the battery but about 50% of my search time is trying to keep a steady threshold tone.I'll wave my scoop in front of the coil to get a steady tone but then after a few steps it starts going crazy.Anybody else had/have this problem?

Thanks,
Wayne

F

Floater

Tamm that is exactly what mine did. Would not hold the tone and then if I got a signal it would go tone it but then after that would go silent. I trye Auto and the turning the sens up to 1 oclock and then al the way but still couldnt get it to calm down or to just hold a tone period. They replaced the coil and it has been perfect. What area of the country do you hunt in. I am near the beaches and no minerals at all so I have to run the sense up at around 12 - 3 oclok depending on interference from electrical or atmospheric.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions