question

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, but i remove mine if i know i'm not going to detect for a week or more just incase the acid leaks from the batteries which would be a disaster and knock you out of the game real quick.

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've never noticed a difference. But yeah, if you leave your detector unused for a month or more, its a good idea to take the batteries out.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
What machine are you using Bergie? Some do, most do not.

Spirit

Jun 12, 2003
Philly
Its possible that they could, If its going to be more than a few days I take mine out and place them in the fridge, not sure if it helps or not, but was told that it did.

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Lobatts--Time for me to upgrade for sure. Just using a Radio Shack (head hung in shame...but it seems to work ok).

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Bergie....
Don't hang your head in shame! :-[ I'm a proud owner of a Radio Shack 3000. I can't afford to upgrade yet. I'm finding some neat stuff too! Only hang your head down if your detecting!! ;D

Moon

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing to remember about "better" detectors, they will sometimes build a memory if you leave the batteries in. Whites were among the first to recommend removing the batts so that the preset programs would'nt "drift". I don't understand it, but I do it. Good luck & HH! Chris

silverhunter/dowser

Oct 5, 2004
columbia sc
hi yall

hi everyone
i was just able to register. i have been reading your forum for a while and just wanted to intro. myself. about a year ago a guy who works for the post office and comes to my dads cyropractic clinic brought me a couple W&E treasres and have been learning ever since. my top two favorite detectors are the garritt GTI 2500 or the minlab explorer II.I plan on getting an ace 100 though since #1 i dont have a job (yet) and most save for car & collage.anyway hi yall and hope to post agan. hh

silverhunter
kelvin collins
Columbia, SC

D

Dirtypaws

I take mine out if it's gonna be awile until I detect again....but since I detect at least a few times a week...it's rare that I do...

Welcome SilverHunter!!! I'm in NC Lots of good stuff to hunt down there by you!

HH

Dirtypaws

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
Do not under estimate what ya can find with a Radio shack detector. Got my only gold coin with one.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yeah, I own one of the original Fisher CZ-7's. and if I leave the batts in when not in use, hence the handle. Lowbatts. As to your head hung in shame. Well are you digging up cool stuff or not? And yes by cool stuff I mean almost anything other than shredded aluminum and old iron pipe. I found a pulltab burial ground last fall myself using one of my CZ's. There was a large qty of the old art-enhanced pulltabs, mostly still linked into some kind of chainmail head gear that had been put to rest in an overgrown part of the park long ago. And I found it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions