Worth it or not?

cashcash

Aug 3, 2010
I need your advice about this machine http://www.swisslink.com/products/metal_detectors/new_metal_detector_the_discriminator_ii-10-373/
Features three (3) distinctive alerts for different types of metal. Ferrous/Non-Ferrous discriminator distinguishes iron/steel from silver/gold. One-Touch auto-tune and very low frequency design for accurate detection. 200mm waterproof search coil. Ground control tunes out false signals in areas with profuse minerals. View meter and pointer with ferrous and non-ferrous indicator lights. Adjustable metal shaft and arm-supporting handle for comfortable use. Contains battery test switch and 1/8" headphone jack.
Do you think it worth it?

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, this is a piece of China Junk. Do not buy it at any price. For the money you can get a really nice Garrett Ace 250 for less money as one example. http://www.garrettcentral.com/index.php?srcad=Garrett-Metal-Detectors We have dealers here on this forum that would not cheat you out of your hard earned money.

BTW, welcome to Tnet.

Take Care,
Sandman

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The part that ticks me off about China/Asia is they could actually build good detectors if they really wanted to.... but they're all about maximizing profits with little to no regard for the customer. The only time they step up their game is when a little better quality product makes an even bigger profit, and fake watches is a good example of that. If there was big money in detectors you'd probably see better quality, but the way things are right now most, if not all, are junk.

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
You should also watch the classified ads area here on T-Net. I see many great deals pass through all the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread