Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keepin' your control box off the ground Just an idea

I was browsing some websites and came across a detector stand on Jimmy Sierra's website that got me to thinking.

Thought that I would pass it along to others for use.

Call it my giving back to the forums in exchange for useful information that I have gained here.

The "D" handle comes off of a Weedeater or Grasstrimmer and fits like a champ. Has a threaded bolt with a wing nut and keeps the box off of the ground and out of the mud/dirt.

HH
DJH

Attachments

• Weedeater Handle.jpg
    Weedeater Handle.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0
OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Keepin' your control box off the ground Just an idea

One thing you should look for is that the bottom be straight and not have a curve to it, or it will rock on over.

I had a couple of trimmers hanging out in the shop that no longer work, so the parting out began.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

First time I've seen that done. If it works.... BUT, the best thing to do is read the manual on proper length of the 3 piece handle to your Whites. Sorry. Not intended to be malicious but if the stem is properly adjusted to fit so your right arm (asuming you are right handed) is fully extended, with the coil about a foot in front of your feet, you should be able to work for hours and not be too fatigued or hit the ground. Seems to me that bringing your left arm over to hold on would severly restrict your swing. Just an idea.... prove me wrong and I will apologize. TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

OOPS. Re-read your post to learn you are NOT talking about swinging. Here it is.... sorry. My GMT just came with a strip of metal screwed to the bottom of the box, doing the same thing. TTC

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank1960 said:
zaxfire69 from this T-Net makes stands that will keep your detector off the ground just like that thing. His stands are nice and sturdy and a good price also. Here is the link to the thread:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,319124.msg2454395.html#msg2454395
Yeah I seen that and I had one as well on one of my other detectors. I'm not knocking his, but the one I had was made of PVC and when it rotated on the shaft, it scratched the heck out of it.

gambler13

May 27, 2010
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Xterra 705

I too had one made out of pvc, didn't work to well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread