Brand New Tesoro Silver Umax, Working Correctly?

loveartist

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2010
My Tesoro Silver Umax arrived today, and it dosent seem to be working correctly. I get what I think is referred to as chatter (intermittent frequent short beeps, even if the sensitivity is turned down low. I tried it with headphones to see if that would fix it. I called tesoro and they said to do the air test and then call them back but i went to sleep cuz i work the night shift and at the moment they are closed. So I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or knows any way that might aleviate the problem. Sorry if i come across as angry, im pretty disappointed seeing as now I prolly have to wait another week to metal detect. Btw this is my first device so it might be something simple I overlooked.

Thanks,
Cody

Upvote 0

DanRiverMan

Dec 13, 2009
Rockingham County, NC
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC - Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the battery first, take it out and re install it...

But in all honesty it sounds like you may be near some sort of interference..Look around for over head power lines or wires near by..Also buried or underground utilities will do it sometimes..Not often but it will make them chatter like that....

Scott

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain loveartist, but Tesoro problems are rare and are often easily fixed.

Definitely reinstall your battery and put in a fresh one if you have it.

OP
OP
L

loveartist

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2010
thanks for your help guys, it started working this morning but im not sure why. The only thing i changed was i pulled the chord really tight against the pole. Other than that it was a miracle. Very happy with the tesoro silver umax now that its working correctly.

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
If it corrected by pulling on the coil wire, check BOTH of your connections also. Just a thought.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
You have a nice machine in your hands lifetime warranty!!! Get another if it dose not work the wait is worth it. The silent search is dead on.

When you turn the detector on how many beeps do you get or when you test the battery?

Are you testing in the house, in a building, or outside?
Are you near some crazy electrical pole or transformer up and or on the ground and with wires everywhere???? “Because… the machine is sensitive for deep hunting.” :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread