Not open for further replies.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission today to hunt some private property. It has an old graveyard that dates back a couple hundred years(all ancient graves). He told me to feel free to hunt it, but just dont dig over the graves.......I wouldn't want to do anything to bring shame to my fellow Tneters. ;D...........what do you think? Whats ok and whats not?

Upvote 0

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He is not digging the grave, he is digging 2" to 12" and has no interest in the buried dead. The Archaeologist is the one that violates a persons final resting place. No Archaeologist should have the right to dig someone up no matter when or where they were buried. I am not knocking you it is just my belief. It turns my stomach to see an Archaeologist dig up an ancient grave to find out why the person died or what they ate. Some Archaeologist will be digging up our graves in 400 to 500 years not some guy with a detector trying to find a few old coins. Like the one guy said the best area is the parking area and not the grave yard. Sorry to rant about it but the detectorists aren't grave robbers just a people enjoying the hunt.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with parking lots, the controversy is hunting the actual grave yards.

As stated not going to open this can of worms again.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still say if it's one in the middle of the woods from 200 years ago go for it

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Just go hunt it... If you want hunt it if not don't hunt it.......... Every one worries to much about what other ones think................. I hunt grave yards ..... The people 6 feet under really don't care.............. Hell some of the people that work in the grave yards hunt them...............And no one has ever said a word to me when i am in a grave yard........... But i have never made any good finds in the grave yard....

Last edited:

Farwalker

Aug 18, 2011
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Eagle Spectrum/6000-DI Pro-sl/Gold-Stinger/CZ7a/
ML750/Tm808/XLT-E/GTX2500/GB/GB2/Ml-Sov./
CZ3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago there was a kid on one of the Forums braging about finding a "Lost" cemetry.
How he had found over 400 crucifixes& religious medals. Thought my screen was going to melt from the backlash he got.
I don,t give advise, I am not qualified. I don,t do it, but have had hunting buddies who wanted to real bad. My response and still is, You
have to draw the line somewhere. I don,t know whats in there/I don,t need whats in one,I don,t want whats in one. I will be in one soon enough@ End of Trail. Do what "YOU" decide -None of anyone elses business. Good hunting every-where you go.
PEACE JOY & PROSPERITY

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not renewing this debate, every single time it has ended badly.........Nothing new can be added to it that will change either sides view it just ends up with more arguing and insults......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions