Feb 24, 2010
Port Saint Lucie Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
4-H said:
As you may know, I am a Minelab dealer.
However, a couple friends of mine use the v3 claiming good depth and fast response.

Hope this helps
I am looking at the new Whites V3i metal detector. I am saving my clad for this one. It is quite expensive with the wireless head phones. I also would like to get a new dx-1 pin pointer for this one and that adds to the expense. What I hear from those who have this one, it is user friendly, just read and understand the owners manual then go hunting in your favorite mode.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do that with the V3, DFX or XLT and they all work but not that well. If you buy a programmable machine but stick to the inbuilt programmes (or just tweak them slightly) then you may as well save some money and go for a cheaper machine.

Dave P

Feb 24, 2010
Port Saint Lucie Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
U.K. Brian said:
You can do that with the V3, DFX or XLT and they all work but not that well. If you buy a programmable machine but stick to the inbuilt programmes (or just tweak them slightly) then you may as well save some money and go for a cheaper machine.
I have a DFX and use the Sunray dx-1 pin pointer with it. I like it. It is dead on targets but only reaches down clearly about 3".

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I believe Whites still sells the XLT. The price is right and it will do jest about anything. As you get use to it you can up it's performance with custom programs. Detectors don't hang around for over 10 years unless they are doing it right! Check out XLT 1 to 5 for the custom program I use most. It is listed below.

P.S.--The XLT built in pinpointing is right on. You can pinpoint with the detector, then stick your probe in the center of the coil and touch the target!
You know how deep it is because the detector display has shown you during pinpointing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread