code of ethics

northoceanbeach

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2004
alright, i have read too many posts from people returning rings and such. and some even go to great lengths to try to find the owner, even after many. many years. OK, look. we are treasure hunters, this is a treasure hunter forum. not a charity forum. what are you using your metal detector for? i mean what's the point if once you find anything that has any value you just return it. or turn it over to the police! if i found someone's wedding rind i would be selling that mofo. finders keepers brotha. and if your lost property means so much to you; you shouldn't be trying to impress people by wearing it at the beach or whatever. and besides, it is just stuff, you've really got bigger problems than losing your class ring, if after 20 years you are still fretting about it. pretty soon you will be tracking down king soloman's descendants to let them know you have found his lost treasure! :P

Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some actually do return to defend their statements, but usally it's just to trade insults and name call. Most never return but he in fact might still be here under a new name, as Trolls are masters at disguises :D

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, CoinShooter i saw right thru you two. You guys did not fool me.

If future Troll invasions take place it's best to just ignore their posts. Sometimes its hard as they can really piss you off but that is what they want. Usally when ignored they get bored and go away.

F

foolserrand

troll or not..... he inspired/triggered a worthy discussion/debate to this forum & actually made me want to register JUST to respond instead of lurking.

I think anyone has the right to do with their finds as they please.
? ?I dont detect for profit.... i detect for fun. I also like to keep the items I have worked extremely hard trying to find.? ?I have yet to find a class ring or any other object that can be traced back to the original owner, but when i do ... odds are I will probably keep it.? I wont truely know exactly what i will do until i actually find one though. The only situation that I positively KNOW that I would return something to its owner was if I was sent to the area to find a particular item by the owner.?
I do get seriously tired of reading the posts where people have the audacity to tell others what they should do with their finds (returning class rings & such).?

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fair enough Foolserrand. Thats how you feel, so more power to you. My stance on this subject is already known so i wont repeat it. I will say though, it's kind of a shame the only reason you drifted from the lurkers and let yourself be known here is to throw in your two cents on this topic and not because it's a great board, or to share your finds and/or experience in MDing with the us. To each his own i guess and welcome aboard. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread