Looking for a machine for my son that is multi-toned, explanation below...

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
My 19 year old son has Fragile X, a form of mental retardation (his mental abilities are that of a 7 y.o.), and I have him heavily involved in MDing with me . He's been using my old Whites Coinmaster that is older then he is. He sees me with the M6 and getting hit after hit and getting very frustrated! ANYway, he pays more attention to the diff. ID tones coming out of my machine then detecting with his! I'm looking for a good used machine that has diff. ID tones for him, BUT, you know the story, don't have much to spend. LOL, told him to save his clad up for a new machine but I'll be 110 years old by then soooooo, anyone have a machine out there to sell me, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance, Paul

Upvote 0

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, good for you and your son :thumbsup: I can only wait until my own son is grown so we too can enjoy the hobby together.

I'd personally recommend the Ace 250 due to the budget situation, however, don't remember if it has multi-tone capabilities. Think it just has the bell tone, which some people hate and some love. I'd double check though if I were you just to be sure. You can pick one of those up for roughly $200.

I was a White's user for a long while. I LOVE White's :thumbsup: But, for the price range you're in, not sure what machine has the multi-tone. Might want to look into the new White's Coinmaster (just came out recently) or the Prism series. I believe one of them does indeed have multi-tone. Best bet would be to go over to the Kellyco website and read up on them. Or, even better, try going with your son to a local dealer and have him try out a few units to see which he likes the best. Hopefully, it won't be one of the more expensive one's :tongue3:

Happy hunting with your family. That's what makes this hobby so great. The ability to enjoy it with the ones we love :thumbsup:

P.S. - I know some fellow hunters on the island who I'll ask if they have any spare detectors they want to get rid of. BTW, I used to live in Ronkonkoma, but, originally from Brooklyn.

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sent my friend on the island a PM. She should get back to me soon. Hopefully she will know of something. In the event she doesn't, you might want to also try looking on craigslist or even the classifieds on this forum for a good, used model :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions