Bounty Hunter Tracker IV question

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
I have another question for the group. I have downloaded and read the manual for the Tracker IV that my co-worker let me borrow but in the manual it does not mention what the meter on the control unit is for. It ranges from 10 down to 0 (left to right) and it is always on 10 unless there is a target which in that case the needle jumps to maybe 4 or 5. Can anyone tell me what this meter is for and what the needle movement tells me?

Thanks in advance

The Funkman

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the meter shows you is the relative conductivity of the target. Wassss that? Lay some different coins, pull tabs, foil, nails, screws, and gold rings on the ground and see where they read on the meter. What throws all this thinking off is due to the type ground from one spot to the next and the position of the target in the ground the meter will read different numbers anyway. It's better to just dig the beeps.......

Good Luck.

OP
OP
funkman

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
thanks for the reply Sandman. I will test some different things as you said, just to get feel for what the meter could show me.

I had the MD out this morning and had it set to coin shooting mode and was able to find 5 pennies and a nickel in my yard. Not the big haul but not bad for a beginner.

Had a strange occurance though. I was walking over a roughly 5 foot X 2-3 foot section of concrete and the detector was beeping all over it. This was set in coin shooting mode. Could it be possibly picking up rebar or something in the concrete? Now that I am looking at that section of concrete, I don't even know why it is there. Maybe I will take a photo of this section so others might have come across something similiar and help me understand why the MD is beeping over it.

Thanks again Sandman.

Funkman

OP
OP
funkman

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Thanks Monty.

Maybe I can try to break up a small section in a corner just to satisfy my curiosity.

Funkman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread