Most Valuable MD Find You Ever SOLD???
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Aug 2010
    1 times

Most Valuable MD Find You Ever SOLD???

So, I see a lot of people posting beautiful rings, coins, and relics on this site. But I am wondering what is the most valuable item you ever found Metal Detecting that you actually SOLD?

Feel free to post the sales price - I'm nosy!!

us
    Do you have Jesus in your heart?

Feb 2007
    Kentucky
    Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
    7 times

Re: Most Valuable MD Find You Ever SOLD???

I had a White's dealership about 10 years ago. A friend needed cash and I bought this from him for $2000 just prior to 9/11/01. He found it with a White's Alaskan metal detector in 1975. After 9/11 people quit buying stuff and I got a little scared of the economy, so I took it to Nashville and sold it to Harry Ridgeway that December for almost double. I probably could have gotten more, but was happy to get that money. It is a great piece and I wish I still had it. Still had a pretty good return on my investment over a 3 month period.

http://www.relicman.com/plates/P0677.htm
    "Those who love me will keep my word, and my father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." (John 14:23 NRSV)

us
    Oct 2007
    Northern, OH
    DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
    411 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I found a very large gold class ring back a couple of years ago. I checked for the owner I called the school and we did alot of searching and could never locate the owner. So after gold got up I took it in and I got $178 for it. So that is the most value item I have sold that I have found.....Matt
    CRH 2014 find
    wheaties
    War Nickels
    Buffalo
    Mercs 4
    Rosie 6
    90% Kennedy
    Franklin
    Walkers
    40% halfs
    Detecting Finds
    Dollars
    Quarters `
    Silver Quarters
    Dimes
    Silver Dimes
    Nickels
    Pennies
    Wheaties
    rings

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    7446 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I've found jars full of trinkets and baubles over the years. I can't say I ever SOLD any. The most memorable piece that I GAVE away was a small diamond ring. I gave it to my girlfriend's granddaughter. It cost her a SMILE. Payment enough. TTC
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade. And he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him out or cut him 'til he cried out, in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving . I am leaving" but the fighter still remains. The Boxer Simon and Garfunkle

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times

Is this the IRS back tax info collection site?

us
    Aug 2010
    1 times

LOL! Guess I never thought of that.

I would hope that some IRS ***** would have something better to do than troll a MD site in the hopes of finding that someone sold a few hundred dollar item and 'forgot' to mention it.

Anyway, I was just curious since I see some amazing finds and stuff like, 'appraised for this' or 'worth that' and I was just curious if anyone really went ahead and sold one of their amazing finds.

I'm just getting into this hobby and while I certainly plan to document/photograph any interesting or valuable objects I might find I am also hoping to be successful enough to occasionally sell anything of value that I might be fortunate enough to find.

I was curious to see what the potential of this hobby really is - like I saw someone's ring collection on here (I think) after like 20 years of finds - after never having sold anything - and was wondering if anyone ever sold something that elaborate? You know, like "Metal Detected for 20 years, sold my entire gold ring collection for 800k and retired..."LOL or something along those lines.

Perhaps the topic is too personal - if so, I apologize.

Just trying to evaluate the $$$ potential of this hobby that I'm getting into.

Potential has a great deal to do with where you are and how much time you put in. I live in a fairly old area, and have hunted many early sites, and if you can do that good things will happen. Good as in many four figure finds in my 10 years of digging. I'm sure that's still the exception, not the rule, because I feel I've been a bit lucky too.

us
    Sep 2008
    Winchester Tennessee
    MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
    87 times

Hey Wildrider-I've got one of those!(see avatar)DBULL
    No matter where you go,there you are.

us
    Do you have Jesus in your heart?

Feb 2007
    Kentucky
    Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by XL-PRO PRO
    Hey Wildrider-I've got one of those!(see avatar)DBULL
    Sweet!
    "Those who love me will keep my word, and my father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." (John 14:23 NRSV)

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links