Got permission to hunt awesome spot PICS

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got exclusive permission to hunt this foundation and surrounding area!! There was an original house here built in 1850, it burned down in 1890. Another house was built that year by adding an additional foundation to the existing one. You can see the stone foundation and the field stone foundation where they join. The second house burned down just a few years back. I don't know if it was filled in or the grass inside of it was the original ground. I will be detecting here this weekend :headbang:

Attachments

• resize1.jpg
    resize1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 740
  • resize2.jpg
    resize2.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 728
  • resize3.jpg
    resize3.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 732
  • resize4.jpg
    resize4.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 741
  • resize5.jpg
    resize5.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 744
Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just gave out EXACT details on where to find your spot. Seriously? Don't be surprised if by the time you get there you see some holes from somebody else or the property owner gets annoyed by a dozen other people asking permission to hunt that spot.

OP
OP
richm

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
You just gave out EXACT details on where to find your spot. Seriously? Don't be surprised if by the time you get there you see some holes from somebody else or the property owner gets annoyed by a dozen other people asking permission to hunt that spot. Good point Bazinga, Thanks. I removed the pertinant info. Just as a point to anyoune out there that would think of doing this, It took me over a year to aquire the permission to detect this place. The police, neighbors and the business next door know that only I have permission to be on the property. Thanks again..Rich.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on a great looking site. Please keep us updated as to what you find. That looks awesome. I think what people are saying about posting pictures of a future hunt is that there are people who will go out of their way to hunt sites where others are having success. I know in my area if I post pictures or tell the location of our civil war sites some people will trespass on the places we have permission or they will hunt at night. You have a very good looking site and we all wish you the best. Just be very careful telling people where you plan to hunt. This is a great hobby but there are always some bad apples that ruin it for us all. I can't wait to see your finds there.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go fourth and conquer!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would you give all that information out.............. Myself and others have said keep that information to your self. ...........................There was even a write up in Western & Eastern Treasures the OCT, 2010 issue page 26 that also says to much information given out is not good...........see what my signature below says..................... LET NO ONE KNOW WHAT WERE OR WHEN...........

Attachments

• minelab-logo_SM.gif
    minelab-logo_SM.gif
    736 bytes · Views: 605
  • minelab-logo_SM.gif
    minelab-logo_SM.gif
    736 bytes · Views: 634

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
bazinga said:
You just gave out EXACT details on where to find your spot. Seriously? Don't be surprised if by the time you get there you see some holes from somebody else or the property owner gets annoyed by a dozen other people asking permission to hunt that spot.

I couldn't! What exact details have been exposed, besides fires and dates. This place could be anywhere IMO. martin

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
McKinney_5900 said:
bazinga said:

I couldn't! What exact details have been exposed, besides fires and dates. This place could be anywhere IMO. martin

Not to mention, he said he got "EXCLUSIVE PERMISSION". I kinda interprete that to mean anyone else gettin caught there could be in some deep poo-poo.

Site looks maintained so someone's been keeping an eye on it. Looks like a great site...congrats.

Al

Hawkeye P

Apr 7, 2010
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6
deepskyal said:
Site looks maintained so someone's been keeping an eye on it. Looks like a great site...congrats.

Al

My thoughts exactly. An old home site which includes a neatly-manicured lawn? A rare find indeed!

Enjoy hunting in that short grass while I'm busy pulling thorns out of my butt from the sites I hunt. :wink:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
McKinney_5900 said:
bazinga said:

He edited his post. In his original post, he gave a lot more details. One detail was he gave the exact name of the historic house that was next door.

OP
OP
richm

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bazingas right. I gave away too much in the first post. I actually had an encounter with someone. Don't want to say too much as he said he views T-net.

OP
OP
richm

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay I'm going to spill the beans at the risk of getting this guy pissed. I,m detecting the site and during the course of the day, several people stopped by to inquire if I had found anything good. The site happened to be on the walking route to a local fair. Everybody was respectful and happy to hear the history of the site I was working. All of a sudden a car pulls up a parks right on the property I'm detecting. A guy jumps out and starts walking over to me so I take off my headphones and he says "you beat me to it, I always wanted to detect this place" I proceeded to tell him that it took me a year and a half to get "exclusive permission" to detect this site and I cant have anyone on the site with me. He tells me he has his detector in the car with him and I tell him sorry but I'm the only one allowed on the property. He then hands me a brochure and says "any time you want to upgrade your detector give me a call. Apparently he sells @#$%^ detectors. He politely leaves and I thought that was the end of it. As I'm getting ready to leave I see a ruckus going on across the street but paid no attention to it. A few minutes later the same guy walks up to me and says " so, having any luck" after a little chit chat he says " the guy across the street threatened to call the cops on me cause I was detecting along the stone wall! I looked at him and said "Dude, it's a 350 year old house owned by the Historical Society and it's a museum!!!! YOU CAN"T DETECT THERE!!!" As I was leaving, sure enough I see a patrol car pulling into the museum! These are the people that ruin it for us honest detectorists!!!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
richm said:
Okay I'm going to spill the beans at the risk of getting this guy pissed. I,m detecting the site and during the course of the day, several people stopped by to inquire if I had found anything good. The site happened to be on the walking route to a local fair. Everybody was respectful and happy to hear the history of the site I was working. All of a sudden a car pulls up a parks right on the property I'm detecting. A guy jumps out and starts walking over to me so I take off my headphones and he says "you beat me to it, I always wanted to detect this place" I proceeded to tell him that it took me a year and a half to get "exclusive permission" to detect this site and I cant have anyone on the site with me. He tells me he has his detector in the car with him and I tell him sorry but I'm the only one allowed on the property. He then hands me a brochure and says "any time you want to upgrade your detector give me a call. Apparently he sells @#$%^ detectors. He politely leaves and I thought that was the end of it. As I'm getting ready to leave I see a ruckus going on across the street but paid no attention to it. A few minutes later the same guy walks up to me and says " so, having any luck" after a little chit chat he says " the guy across the street threatened to call the cops on me cause I was detecting along the stone wall! I looked at him and said "Dude, it's a 350 year old house owned by the Historical Society and it's a museum!!!! YOU CAN"T DETECT THERE!!!" As I was leaving, sure enough I see a patrol car pulling into the museum! These are the people that ruin it for us honest detectorists!!!

His behavior is what I don't get. There are plenty of sites out there and with a little effort and some courtesy we can land them.

Not every site will be obtainable, move on if its a no.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can't believe that there are people out there like that but there are. This is one of the reasons I don't give any details as to where I hunt. Even if you have permission there will always be someone out there who will go out of their way to hunt it. You have a great site and we can't wait to see what else you find there. As an fyi next time don't post so much detail of where you are hunting. The true people on this site would rather see your finds. The exact location will bring out the trash (trespassers). I hope that that person does see this posting as I would NEVER buy a machine from a dealer who did what he did. As a dealer I can't believe that he had the gall to show up at your site.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe the guy reads Tnet, but he sure hasn't learned a thing. And a detector dealer of all things. :icon_scratch:

No, you can't detect....but do it anyhow? That is sad. Exclusive means exclusive...no means NO!

Been checking your finds Rich, your doin great there. Hope he didn't ruin it for you.

Al

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Just my two cents for futrue reference.

Get exclusive permissioin. Hunt the site as many times as necessry. Then post a few coments and pics AFTER you hunted the location.

Live and learn.

Can not do much about local yahoos who want to horn in on you though, but you can post AFTER your hunt to minimize the risk of anyone else claim jumping your site.

HH

Ray S ECenFL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread