Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    us
    Apr 2009
    Madison, CT
    White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
    6 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Got permission to hunt awesome spot PICS

Finally got exclusive permission to hunt this foundation and surrounding area!! There was an original house here built in 1850, it burned down in 1890. Another house was built that year by adding an additional foundation to the existing one. You can see the stone foundation and the field stone foundation where they join. The second house burned down just a few years back. I don't know if it was filled in or the grass inside of it was the original ground. I will be detecting here this weekend
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resize1.jpg 
Views:	667 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	451519   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resize2.jpg 
Views:	662 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	451520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resize3.jpg 
Views:	664 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	451521   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resize4.jpg 
Views:	665 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	451522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resize5.jpg 
Views:	662 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	451523  

us
    Supreme Chancellor

Oct 2005
    High Five!
    66 times

Re: Got permission to hunt awesome spot PICS

You just gave out EXACT details on where to find your spot. Seriously? Don't be surprised if by the time you get there you see some holes from somebody else or the property owner gets annoyed by a dozen other people asking permission to hunt that spot.

us
    Apr 2009
    Madison, CT
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by bazinga
    You just gave out EXACT details on where to find your spot. Seriously? Don't be surprised if by the time you get there you see some holes from somebody else or the property owner gets annoyed by a dozen other people asking permission to hunt that spot. Good point Bazinga, Thanks. I removed the pertinant info. Just as a point to anyoune out there that would think of doing this, It took me over a year to aquire the permission to detect this place. The police, neighbors and the business next door know that only I have permission to be on the property. Thanks again..Rich.

us
    Jan 2008
    Morristown, Tennessee
    White's MXT PRO with 10x12 SEF coil, White's TDI, Garrett AT GOLD
    181 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Congrats on a great looking site. Please keep us updated as to what you find. That looks awesome. I think what people are saying about posting pictures of a future hunt is that there are people who will go out of their way to hunt sites where others are having success. I know in my area if I post pictures or tell the location of our civil war sites some people will trespass on the places we have permission or they will hunt at night. You have a very good looking site and we all wish you the best. Just be very careful telling people where you plan to hunt. This is a great hobby but there are always some bad apples that ruin it for us all. I can't wait to see your finds there.

us
    Jun 2010
    east texas
    Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    45 times

Go fourth and conquer!

us
    Nov 2009
    Eastern WV
    Minelab X-Terra 50

That place looks sweet good luck. Keep us posted.
    In God I Trust

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1409 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

Why would you give all that information out.............. Myself and others have said keep that information to your self. ...........................There was even a write up in Western & Eastern Treasures the OCT, 2010 issue page 26 that also says to much information given out is not good...........see what my signature below says..................... LET NO ONE KNOW WHAT WERE OR WHEN...........
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where .."

us
    Jul 2010
    74 times

You just gave out EXACT details on where to find your spot. Seriously? Don't be surprised if by the time you get there you see some holes from somebody else or the property owner gets annoyed by a dozen other people asking permission to hunt that spot.
    I couldn't! What exact details have been exposed, besides fires and dates. This place could be anywhere IMO. martin

us
    Aug 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
    White's Vision, White's 6000DI Pro
    46 times

Quote Originally Posted by McKinney_5900
    I couldn't! What exact details have been exposed, besides fires and dates. This place could be anywhere IMO. martin
    Not to mention, he said he got "EXCLUSIVE PERMISSION". I kinda interprete that to mean anyone else gettin caught there could be in some deep poo-poo.

Site looks maintained so someone's been keeping an eye on it. Looks like a great site...congrats.

Al
    I think...therefore I am.

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    76 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

I can't wait to see what you found there this weekend.

us
    Apr 2010
    West Michigan
    White's M6

Quote Originally Posted by deepskyal
    Site looks maintained so someone's been keeping an eye on it. Looks like a great site...congrats.

Al
    My thoughts exactly. An old home site which includes a neatly-manicured lawn? A rare find indeed!

Enjoy hunting in that short grass while I'm busy pulling thorns out of my butt from the sites I hunt.

us
    Supreme Chancellor

Oct 2005
    High Five!
    66 times

Quote Originally Posted by McKinney_5900
    He edited his post. In his original post, he gave a lot more details. One detail was he gave the exact name of the historic house that was next door.

us
    Apr 2009
    Madison, CT
    6 times

Bazingas right. I gave away too much in the first post. I actually had an encounter with someone. Don't want to say too much as he said he views T-net.

us
    Apr 2009
    Madison, CT
    6 times

Okay I'm going to spill the beans at the risk of getting this guy pissed. I,m detecting the site and during the course of the day, several people stopped by to inquire if I had found anything good. The site happened to be on the walking route to a local fair. Everybody was respectful and happy to hear the history of the site I was working. All of a sudden a car pulls up a parks right on the property I'm detecting. A guy jumps out and starts walking over to me so I take off my headphones and he says "you beat me to it, I always wanted to detect this place" I proceeded to tell him that it took me a year and a half to get "exclusive permission" to detect this site and I cant have anyone on the site with me. He tells me he has his detector in the car with him and I tell him sorry but I'm the only one allowed on the property. He then hands me a brochure and says "any time you want to upgrade your detector give me a call. Apparently he sells @#$%^ detectors. He politely leaves and I thought that was the end of it. As I'm getting ready to leave I see a ruckus going on across the street but paid no attention to it. A few minutes later the same guy walks up to me and says " so, having any luck" after a little chit chat he says " the guy across the street threatened to call the cops on me cause I was detecting along the stone wall! I looked at him and said "Dude, it's a 350 year old house owned by the Historical Society and it's a museum!!!! YOU CAN"T DETECT THERE!!!" As I was leaving, sure enough I see a patrol car pulling into the museum! These are the people that ruin it for us honest detectorists!!!

On extended Holiday.

Dec 2008
    40 times

Quote Originally Posted by richm
    Okay I'm going to spill the beans at the risk of getting this guy pissed. I,m detecting the site and during the course of the day, several people stopped by to inquire if I had found anything good. The site happened to be on the walking route to a local fair. Everybody was respectful and happy to hear the history of the site I was working. All of a sudden a car pulls up a parks right on the property I'm detecting. A guy jumps out and starts walking over to me so I take off my headphones and he says "you beat me to it, I always wanted to detect this place" I proceeded to tell him that it took me a year and a half to get "exclusive permission" to detect this site and I cant have anyone on the site with me. He tells me he has his detector in the car with him and I tell him sorry but I'm the only one allowed on the property. He then hands me a brochure and says "any time you want to upgrade your detector give me a call. Apparently he sells @#$%^ detectors. He politely leaves and I thought that was the end of it. As I'm getting ready to leave I see a ruckus going on across the street but paid no attention to it. A few minutes later the same guy walks up to me and says " so, having any luck" after a little chit chat he says " the guy across the street threatened to call the cops on me cause I was detecting along the stone wall! I looked at him and said "Dude, it's a 350 year old house owned by the Historical Society and it's a museum!!!! YOU CAN"T DETECT THERE!!!" As I was leaving, sure enough I see a patrol car pulling into the museum! These are the people that ruin it for us honest detectorists!!!
    His behavior is what I don't get. There are plenty of sites out there and with a little effort and some courtesy we can land them.

Not every site will be obtainable, move on if its a no.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links