100_1387.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 4,633
Upvote 0

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
The cruelest way of trapping an animal, just imagine how much pain they would suffer.

U.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unicorn said:
The cruelest way of trapping an animal, just imagine how much pain they would suffer.

Absolutely! At least that one's out of commission. Cool pic though.

OP
OP
colorado14ers

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
mrwilburino said:
Unicorn said:

Absolutely! At least that one's out of commission. Cool pic though.

I hate them too, its cruel and if they forget about it might be "found" by some little kind 50 years later :(

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm very much pro hunting, very much anti bear baiting and trapping.
I'm pretty sure it's illegal in all states but Maine (and if I recall correctly, at some point in the not too distant past, they were moving to abolish it there too, so maybe they already have) and has been for quite some time, so there's no real call for much philosophical indignation here, since a bear trap is pretty much always going to be an artifact of the somewhat distant past.

That said, I wouldn't have any problem with people using them against two legged trespassers :laughing7:

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
That is not a leghold trap (the kind that has jaws on it). It may or may not be a trap at all. If it is a trap it looks more along the line of a snare with a wide band to hold the leg of an animal and it would not be harmed at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread