Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: :hello2:
Sand was flyin and kids were having a great time!
Today we had our first METAL DETECTING birthday party! :occasion13: Lucas (Birthday boy) :occasion15: and about 30 other of his super duper cool friends 8) attended the event. Everyone found something Thanks to Minelab, Tesoro and the treasurenet community, who made this whole thing possible. :wav: The "History Detectives" :read2: or so we call them here at the Swannanoa 4-h education center, had an amazingly fun day metal detecting for real silver coins, jewelry, and tokens donated by a few of treasure nets finest members. Just look at the last two photos how interested those kids were listening to me talk about the history of military buttons and the Georgius Trimpho George Washington coin/token. As I was talking, I let them hold the actual historic relics, 1700's reales, and buttons. Now that's the way to educate history! Hands on, hands down, the best. If you have any extra unwanted items, we are always accepting kids safe coins/tokens or trinkets to keep the pit filled.

Most of the folks involved will be visiting t-net to see their pics.
What a great way to spend your birthday....Metal detecting
Thanks everyone who was involved, we had a really fun day.
Mike, Maggie and Samantha :hello:

Thanks!! :hello2:

Attachments

• PICT0014.JPG
    PICT0014.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 644
  • PICT0019.JPG
    PICT0019.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 616
  • PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 625
  • PICT0020.JPG
    PICT0020.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 587
  • PICT0025.JPG
    PICT0025.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 592
  • PICT0026.JPG
    PICT0026.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 602
  • PICT0029.JPG
    PICT0029.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 569
  • PICT0027.JPG
    PICT0027.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 557
  • PICT0033.JPG
    PICT0033.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 586
  • PICT0035.JPG
    PICT0035.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 594
Upvote 0

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a great idea.....a metal detecting birthday party. All of the kiddies look as if they are having a great time. Happy Birthday to the birthday boy :occasion15: :occasion13:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a Great party!!!! Thank you for the Post Chug and Red!!!!!!!

We really enjoyed donating the Detector and the silver coins to Your 4-H Group!!!!

I think I may be updating My metal detector around tax time again and as I said i will be sending my Whites classic ID their way around that time I will PM you when I'm ready!!!!! I think its time to upgrade to a water detector!!!!!Chug!!!!

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chug and Red said:
Looks like a Great party!!!! Thank you for the Post Chug and Red!!!!!!!

We really enjoyed donating the Detector and the silver coins to Your 4-H Group!!!!

I think I may be updating My metal detector around tax time again and as I said i will be sending my Whites classic ID their way around that time I will PM you when I'm ready!!!!! I think its time to upgrade to a water detector!!!!!Chug!!!!
Thank you so much for your generous donations! IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE it POSSIBLE THESE GREAT EVENTS HAPPEN!

We need more like you in this world.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great age to get kids on a good hobby they remember things like that Looked like everyone had a good time great idea :thumbsup: Dd60

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome job Mike. I think that it is great to teach young kids metal detecting. One of these days one of them will find a great find and look back and say it all began with Mike at the birthday party. Congrats.

Dave P

Feb 24, 2010
Port Saint Lucie Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
4-H said:
:hello: :hello2:
Sand was flyin and kids were having a great time!
Today we had our first METAL DETECTING birthday party! :occasion13: Lucas (Birthday boy) :occasion15: and about 30 other of his super duper cool friends 8) attended the event. Everyone found something Thanks to Minelab, Tesoro and the treasurenet community, who made this whole thing possible. :wav: The "History Detectives" :read2: or so we call them here at the Swannanoa 4-h education center, had an amazingly fun day metal detecting for real silver coins, jewelry, and tokens donated by a few of treasure nets finest members. Just look at the last two photos how interested those kids were listening to me talk about the history of military buttons and the Georgius Trimpho George Washington coin/token. As I was talking, I let them hold the actual historic relics, 1700's reales, and buttons. Now that's the way to educate history! Hands on, hands down, the best. If you have any extra unwanted items, we are always accepting kids safe coins/tokens or trinkets to keep the pit filled.

Most of the folks involved will be visiting t-net to see their pics.
What a great way to spend your birthday....Metal detecting
Thanks everyone who was involved, we had a really fun day.
Mike, Maggie and Samantha :hello:

Thanks!! :hello2:
Hey Mike, It makes me wanna be a kid again and join your 4-h's Dave P

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DirtfisherGabe said:
Just as a side note...my birthday is July 23rd :wink:

I LIKE this guy!! (my b-day too!)

Nice job Mike & Maggie!

lidigger

Sep 4, 2010
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, White's BeachHunter 300, White's Prizm IV, White's Bullseye II Pointer (x2)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a very cool idea! Must have been a great day.

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, what you do for these kids deserves more accolades than you will probably ever receive. You are truly a Great American Hero.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread