Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Can't decide where to go tomorrow

If you are looking for clad and jewelry then I would hunt the soccer complex, tot lots etc. I prefer to hunt older places so if your baseball field has the potential to produce wheats and silver then that is where I would go. It's all on what you are wanting to hunt for.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Electrocute,
Judging from your 15 posts you are probably a relative newbie. I would suggest whichever place will get you the best possible success. Important to find stuff as a new guy. May I suggest the soccer fields? Not the fields themselves but the area where people line up for the concession stands. If the fields (park) is older, try around the base of the larger trees. Around large boulders and permanent benches too. Good luck! TTC

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

don't feel bad as I am also having that same problem.....Matt

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

volleyball court. i have had a little luck there!

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Beach volleyball court. The scooping & smoothing of sand is much faster than the digging & replanting of a dirt plug. If pressed for time, I'd opt for the beach. You can save the dirt sites for later. Good luck!

OP
OP
E

Electrocute

Jul 9, 2010
Texas

Friday I went to the Soccer Fields, I ended up with a 3 gram Gold Ring with a diamond. Took it to a local jewelry store to verify it was 22k like inscribed. It was and they bought it from me. The guy in the store likes to melt his own gold and create pieces. Sorry no pictures, since it was on a Friday determined to take it to a certain jewelry store while I was out and they were open. This makes #5 Gold since July. Other than that I ended up with $4.40 in Clad, and one 1963 Washington. This makes #18 Silver since July. I ended up hunting for 3 hours. Still lots more fields to explore. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread