Advice needed

hillpirate

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2010
My great grandfather died before he could tell his wife where the family gold was buried. My grandfather had seen the gold as a young boy when it was kept in the barn but when my g-grandfather found out my grandfather had found it, he promptly buried it. On his deathbed, he asked his brother to go get his wife so he could tell her the location, but before she got to his bedside he had expired. My father and I spent several days back in the '70s with an older White's detector but never found it. The old homestead passsed out of the family soon after but now I have access to it. Question: What type of detector would be best suited to detect appox. 30-40
double eagles($20 gold) in a stone jar 1-2 feet deep? I am a newbie and need all the advice I can get.

hillpirate

Upvote 0

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark (Under water unit)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed reading these posts....One of the posts mentioned that G-Grandpa would let his family go hungry at times, all the while, had this stash of gold....Here is my idea: G-Grandpa only had a one way cache, that is, it is buried, and G-Grandpa did not have easy access to the gold coins....Could G-Grandpa have buried it at a substantial depth (out of an arm's length), and made his deposits to the clay jar via some sort of chute mechanism? Just a guess, but could be probable?....SushiDog

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions